Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Operation 365 2... Blog 5

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 5 "Invade Tonight" by Jefferson Jay Saturday was a fun day. Kicked it with my man, Dan Ratcliffe, featured here in guitar. He plays guitar in The Jefferson Jay Band these days and has many other gigs and talents as well. Guy does a lot of stuff. We are working on the new CD. Number 7. “The Best of Operation 365” is the working title. It consists of the “best” 12 tunes that I wrote for the first Operation 365 in 2010-2011. I love working on music. God Bless. The first person who got me really excited about original art was Thomas Ratzin. He directed me in thematic original plays in high school. They were amazing, mainly because he knew how to direct an ensemble group so fantastically. He told us to always tell me people who asked how the show we were working was going. “It’s coming along.” That way nobody would ever get any expectations. It stuck with me, as did the ensemble mindset, which works so nicely in the context of Open Mic. Everybody gets their chance to shine. Another Tom Ratzin bit of genius,“The show always comes first.” I love that guy, This song is about making something spectacular out of a day of ordinary life. Or whatever it proclaims to you. An evening, perhaps, a trip to the store. Everyday bliss. Owning it. Literally. 21st Century America. It’s now. Shout-outs to Blair Schultze and “Pearl of the Quarter.” Been feelin’ real SD lately. Steely Dan. San Diego. Everything is everything. Context is universal and completely flexible. This view keeps all refreshing. Boredom = Never. Why? Excitement is always available to you. Invade tonight. Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 5 "Any Major Dude Will Tell You" by Steely Dan "Any Major Dude” is one of my favorite Steely Dan tunes, especially of the lesser-known ones. Steely Dan is one of my favorite bands. I love all their CDs and I hope to play a bunch of their tunes 365ing. It brings me great joy. Here is our second one in two days in 365-land. It once again features “El Seismograph” Dan Ratcliffe on guitah. We tawk in a Boston accent (and nonsensical gibberish) for amusement from time to time while soshkulizing (socializing). I recommend dis. Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 5 “"I Am Here For You” by Jefferson Jay The other day I put the ol' Litmus Test out there on Facebook. I wrote something to the effect of "Any thoughts, feelings, opinions, ideas, beliefs, conjecture, speculation... on the 365 so far?" so on and so forth. An old friend interjected, he was having a hard 2015 and was discouraged. I felt his pain loud and clear. 2015 hasn't been the easiest of years for me either. So I wanted to reach out very directly and let my friend know that I am here for him. You are all my friends. Even people I do not known in the world. We are connected right here and now by this magical miracle. I'm not joking. I firmly believe we are all one. So, brother or sister, if I can be of help in any way, I'm all about. Helping you is helping us, cause we are all one. Here I say so in a special place. Cameos to Some Guy and The Cheeseburger.

No comments: