Sunday, December 27, 2015

Operation 365 2... Blog 3

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 3 "My Best Friend" by Jefferson Jay I wrote “My Best Friend” on November 15, 1999. I remember it vividly. It was the four-year anniversary if my move to California and little did I know it, but my next best friend was being born nearby that very same day. That would be Angel the Pooch, a co-star of the first 365, who makes a cameo at the end here. Another moment I remember fairly well considering occurred in Butterfield, an ancient dorm at my old school, UMASS-Amherst. My girlfriend, who I was gaga for, told me I needed to get a car so I could visit her in the summer. Then she went to the bathroom. By the time she came back, I’d hatched a plan. I would sell my baseball cards (I had a sweet collection) and buy a car. And that’s exactly what happened. I had the Monte Carlo forever. Well over ten years. I lost track. Mona, The Beast from the East. She had many names. A fiercely loyal metal warrior of a friend. I felt safe inside her. She saved me many times, while providing a perpetual reminder that looks are less important than reliability and soul. My car had a soul and I loved her. All the places mentioned at the end of the song were places I actually adventured in this noble steed. Maybe you’ve visited some of them too. We’re humans. It’s what we do. It was nice reconnecting with her through the production of this humble vid for this nostalgic tune. Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 3 "White Christmas" by Irving Berlin How did I not do this one last time? May have to get used to that question. Lovely number. I do it a tad faster. Squeezed it in before the end of Christmas here in California, just by a nose. Now it is tomorrow, but when you read this, if you do it the day I post it will be yesterday. Now to post today’s stuff, which I did yesterday. If brain stimulation and something to do at all times appeals to you, you too may be suited to do an Operation 365. Merry Christmas. Two of the special needs adults I work with played this song last Friday during the Christmas Party at work, while a group of other special humans signed the words. As in American Sign Language signed. It was cool. I like my job a lot. Wikipedia? Thoughts on this? "White Christmas" is an Irving Berlin song reminiscing about an old-fashioned Christmas setting. According to the Guinness World Records, the version sung by Bing Crosby is the best-selling single of all time, with estimated sales in excess of 100 million copies worldwide.” Dangue! The Internet is never wrong. That’s a beautiful name, Bing. I like Irving too. Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 3 “345” Speakin’ in tongues. Groovin’ deep. Late night. What would Wolfman Jack do? 345. 365. AM. PM. It’s all the same. ONE. Posting up… “We’re all perfectly fine.” – Happy Bear. Everything happens for a reason. I believe. What a wonderful day. Fun. Productivity. 365. Peace. Stay to the end for my imitation of every Muppets' voice at once. Thank you.

No comments: