Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Operation 365 2... Blog 6

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 6 "This Life" by Jefferson Jay and Cheeseburger & Gen. Justin Mills I sort of went Internet dark after Operation 365. 1100 videos in a year can do that to you. But I was still writing songs, kicking it with my party posse and occasionally, even making a video from time to time. On May 28, 2012, I was kicking it one of my favorite places in the world and lo and behold, this song was birthed to our universe. Thank you, Universe. Lots of love to my songwriting cohorts, (actual name disguised) Charlie Cheeseburger and Open Mic legend/songwriting master, Justin Mills, who helped write this song about “This Life.” Very grateful to have great friends and great times, I am. I take none of it for granted. We are very blessed. Happy New Year’s Eve Eve! Enjoy this little piece of 2012 on the precipice of 2016. I have a very special feeling about this 2016. Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 6 "I Am Here for Lou" by Jefferson Jay Yesterday, I was moved to inform the Internet that “ I Am Here for You.” I felt the pain of a Facebook friend who commented that his 2015 has been very difficult. I wanted to let him know that I am here for him and then that got me thinking. Everybody could use some love and support and I have that to give. A friend in need is a friend indeed. I believe in that kind of stuff. I believe loyalty in friendship is one of the most important things there is. So I announced yesterday to the world, even future friends that I am here for you. Please reach out if you need anything and if I can help I will. Instant karma is moving and beautiful. Lou knows this. He needed cuddles. Maybe he sensed I did too. So he came in hard like the bowling ball that he is. Hugs, kisses, snuggles and even some inner nose licks. One must suffer for one’s 365. If love is suffering (and it most certainly can be) than I am all in. I’d rather live in love and suffer when I must, than suffer lovelessly always. That is too sad and exactly the reason I made this offer I the first place. I have love to share, give and like the Hokey Pokey, THAT is what it’s all about. Thanks Lou, I am here for you and you are here for me too. It means a lot. Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - BONUS - 6 “The Hokey Pokey” So this was bound to happen. I was feeling “The Hokey Pokey” and thought it might be a clever way to do a 365-day. Unfortunately, I already thought that in 2011, so… Here is the first BONUS video of this 365. Enjoy. Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 6 “Maybe I’m Amazed” by Paul McCartney So Cover #2 of the day was one I stumbled upon earlier while music therapying for the special needs adults at my work. I was really feeling this number and played it OK, so Share City. That’s what it’s all about. That’s right. “That’s what it’s all about,” – The Hokey Pokey; the whole reason I was going to do that song in the first place. Love, sharing, which is caring. That’s what it’s all about. Feeling blessed, like I’m doing the right thing. The benefits of 365-life are already manifesting itself. Less free time and deeply grateful. I wrote a new tune for it the other night, which I’ll be sharing shortly. I met a nice woman named Jill, from GoPro, on the phone. Good vibes abound. Shoutouts to Matt and Maggie, whose wedding I played this at a couple years back. Thanks for including me. Looking ahead on the 365: our New Year’s Eve tomorrow night at Mother’s. “Attention All Artists (aka A Call to Action)” and “Operation Produce Produce.” And “Everything Alright,” my new song.

No comments: