Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 337

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 343 Acoustic Booze "Gypsy" 4-15-2010
http://youtu.be/4v5Rd2Pz3rA


"Gypsy" was my favorite Acoustic Booze song. It was a blast to play. I wonder if my drumming days are behind me. You never know. I never expected to go that far down the drumming road in the first place so ya just don't know. It was fun, being in The Booze. Blowksi is moving to the Bay Area to pursue Chiropractic School, so there hasn't been very much Boozing as of late and even if there was, it wouldn't really affect me, as I left the band back in May.

I have many great memories of practicing and playing gigs with these and am still proud to call them all my friends. Enjoy "Gypsy." As Blowsk used to say, in one way or another, we are all gypsies. GYPSY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 343 "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5xPiSvnayU

Al Green has got to be my favorite songwriter/artist that I have yet to include in this here 365. "Let's Stay Together" is the title track off one of Reverend Al's incredible records. He had a #1 hit with in 1972. I could use a #1 hit. I'd imagine it's great for the bank account. Alleviate a few stresses I would guess. Yes, maybe someday. Until then, here it is, for my honey, Leanne. "Let's Stay Together."

I highly recommend you acquire the CDs, "Let's Stay Together" and I'm Still In Love With You" as rapidly as humanly possible. They are that great.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 343 "My Girlfriend's Sleeping"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn9o_3x6TmU

Yes, Sweet Leanne is taking a nap. She needs to get up now, though. We are going on an excursion to her home realm tomorrow. I have been here putting four days of videos together for the last few hours and this is my first step in the original direction.

I played it nice and soft, girlfriend-is-sleeping style. Paul Ruiz stopped by a minute ago to join me on some trumpet. (It's pretty hard to sleep through trumpet), but he had to leave right away. he got a call form his mom. She is 90 and wasn't feeling great.. I hope she is OK. Paul is a great man and a great son. We call him "The Genius" 'cause he knows about everything.

Well, I need to wake up Leanne now. She has to do some cleaning and pack some clothes. "My Girlfriend's Sleeping" is nice, tender, lullaby type song. Peace.

No comments: