Monday, November 7, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 342

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 348 The Jefferson Jay Experience - 4-2-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gshGIKg98L0


In 2009, the group I played with at my Portugalia Thursday shows varied from week to week depending on who showed up. There was usually no drum kit so it felt different than the Jefferson Jay Band. Usually, it would be at least The Soul Man and I, but Paul Ruiz, Richard Romero, Blowski, and Paul Lopez would all play with me a lot. That wound up being the group that recorded the music for my new CD, "Gift To Be Alive." The CD is very much a reflection of my thoughts, feeling and experiences in that time. I am proud of it. I am going to make it available for free by the end of this week.

This night, April 2, 2009. it was early in the set. Richard was playing guitar. The extremely gifted Misha Borisovsky joined us on bass. Paul Lopez and Soul Man held it down seamlessly on the rhythm. This is a rare instrumental guitar-laden jam. I don't usually solo musch and I rarely play in this format these days so it was refreshing to see. The jam is loose and open, a very Richard Romero-y feel. I was just jamming. The Operation 365 is going to change dramatically in its final weeks. We are preparing for smooth landing in to Thanksgiving 2011 in just a couple weeks. Thank you for flying Operation 365.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 348 "These Boots Are Made For Walking" by Lee Hazlewood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2QGNJ76_L8


"These Boots Are Made For Walking" is cool. Lee Hazlewood wrote it and his pal, Nancy Sinatra, made it famous. I like her dad, Frank. I will be singing one of his tunes soon. I like this one and hope to keep it handy. It translates well to blue-grassyish. Great work by Angel the pooch on effervescence. Hail friends! Dig it. Keep walking!

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 348 "Get Well Soon"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdrt5QrfPc0


Someone extremely close to me has gotten some rough health news in recent weeks. I am praying for him and loving him and hope he soon returns to harmonious health. I will be with you in his time of great challenge. I hope this video helps you back to feeling cheery. Peace, love and I love you. Get well soon.

No comments: