Saturday, November 19, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 354

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 360 Jefferson Jay Band "Love of My Life" 3-9-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MziQE3tTvQc


"Love of My Life" is Tune 9 off my new CD, "Gift To Be Alive." It is the one tune on the CD that I am still trying to understand exactly what it means. I tarted writing it in Don Truesdails' house on Christmas 2008. That was a prolific day musically for me. I wrote my San Diego Christmas song early in the day and then wrote Tunes 8, 10, and this one (9) off "Gift To Be Alive" as they day continued.

I wonder sometimes what "Love of My Life" means. I know what I thought it meant when I wrote it. Is it about life itself, I wonder occasionally. I hink it's about meeting someone you can spend your life with with, growing old together happy. That makes sense. I'll go with that.

This version of "Love of My Life" was recorded on March 9, 2010.

You can handle the music here. Charge yourself if you want to. Otherwise, it's free because I want you to have it. Not cause I think it's not worth anything. I do. It was worth a chunk of my life.

http://jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com/

NOTE: For some reason, youtube decided this was a duplicate of another video. It's not. So I reposted it on November 26, 2011 to try to make the world complete again.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 360 "People Are Strange" by The Doors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuDIHc2RX0c

People ARE strange. Unpredictable. Imbalanced, occasionally. Out of left field from time to time even. Trying to understand people can be a seriously lost cause. I try less than I used to. I let obviousness tell me what to do. It works. If people act assish, stay away, Be where feels good. DO what feels right. Read the signs. I like strange folks. I like 'em a lot. Mean people, not so much. I don't take it personal though. It's that they're unhappy. Misery, no thanks. L'chiem

My dad used to sing me "People Are Strange" when I was a boy. It freaked me out appropriately. After he took me to see "Strange Invaders," I think it freaked me out even more. When I got to college though, I learned I liked The Doors, a lot. Peace, Doors, I hope to be walking through you very soon.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Outtakes - "Too Dumb" by Jefferson Jay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FYWsqNQQw


I decided I was going to focus on tunes from the "Gift To Be Alive" CD for the last two weeks of the 365, but then I wound up on a conservative talk radio show yesterday. They'd asked me to write a funny song about Occupy. I did on on my lunch break, Then I played it last night on the air. I want to share it. It is written about those folks who say the Occupiers have no message. And here I was thinking the 99% thing was pretty clear... Anyway, "Too Dumb" is written about those people form the perspective of one of them.

I think I can do a slightly better version of this one. I may try again in a day or two, but I think I'll be posting this one for now.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 360 "Love of My Life" 3-21-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXzj5lFlXL0

This version of "Love of My Life" was recorded on March 21, 2010. "Love of My Life" is the 9th tune off my new CD, "Gift To Be Alive." "Gift To Be Alive" is a CD of positive music featuring meaningful solutions to the problems of out 21st century world. The message is in the music.

Please sample some selections here. I want you to hear. Here.

http://jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com/

Peace

360 degrees. The full circle.

No comments: