Saturday, November 5, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 340

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 346 Saying Goodbye to Rosie & Sarah February/April 2011
http://youtu.be/aULYpTP7-E0


It doesn't get much sadder than losing a beloved friend. We can do our best to remember how blessed we were to have their companionship and love, but that hardly makes it easier n the days and weeks that follow their passing. Friends don't come much more loyal than our doggie friends. My Angel is 11. She will be 12 in less than 2 weeks. I thank God that she is in the incredible health that she is. I don't take it for granted at all.

On my travels earlier in this year in February (was it January?) and April respectively I got to have a poignant and quiet farewell with a couple of my four-legged friends, Rosie and Sarah. Rosie was my girlfriend Leanne's dog growing up. She was pretty old, like 16 or 17. A lab mix, like Angel, I felt blessed to have the chance to meet her in February when I went to visit Leanne's hometown for the first time. Rosie looked a lot better than I was expecting and I am grateful that we all got to spend some quality time. Rosie only lived a short time longer and she is dearly missed.

At the very end of our tour in April, I had a moment of bonding with my man Wes Davis's, Sarah the Dog. Sarah, I knew a good deal better than Rosie. Sarah the Dog lived here in San Diego with Wes when we became friends and I got to enjoy her company on many occasions back then. She had a peaceful demeanor and was also incredibly cute. Got to love the two different color eyes thing. By this time, Sarah was blind and struggling to get around. Makes sense, being a blind dog and all. I seized this opportunity to have a quiet moment alone with her. I was saddened to find out that she passed only a few days later.

Shout outs to my Angel and Dylan Avery's Gordo for appearing in this video. Rosie and Sarah were both wonderful family friends were many years and I am glad to have known them both. I hope this video provides a moment of comfort to their loved ones. Remember, someday we all die, but love lives forever. Peace

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 346 Her Majesty - John Lennon and Paul McCartney
http://youtu.be/1rT-lat9nZc


Perhaps the final notes of The Beatles' last recorded album "Abbey Road" are a fitting salute after that tribute to the lives of our dear friends, the dogs, Sarah and Rosie. Another friend whose company we will soon be missing is the 365. Yes, it's been a glorious and wild ride. Highs, lows. Ups, downs, All that jazz. I don't know what it will be like when it's gone any more than I knew what it would be like when I started. Yes, this 365 has had a life of its own.

While I may miss it from time to time from day to day, everything comes and everything goes in this life and there's no sense resisting it. There's no sense dragging things out, elongating things, or pretending they can go on forever. Not the Beatles, not the 365. not the monarchy, not a system of government (like capitalism) and not even life itself. Part of the thrill I believe is we get to enjoy all this splendor as much as we can possibly allow ourselves to, but not forever. Just until its time to do something else.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 346 "Two Tickets to Tenderness"
http://youtu.be/7YtTjckldRI


So I'd been having a big urge to write a song since I got here to Ridgecrest. I busted one out yesterday real quick, but that really count. hat being said, I played it live last night at the wedding. That's more than I can say about a lot of my tunes. Big congratulations to David Jones and Ashley Jones (formerly Ashley McCormick) on their awesome wedding last night. A good time was had by all. There is a lot of love among family and friends here in Ridgecrest. It feels good to be around.

So I'd been looking forward to finding the opportunity last night. It could have been last night. I designated drove. Everyone else got loopy and I was the last one awake by far. I chose to watch Turner and Hooch instead. I was shocked that Hooch died in the end. Yowsers. So today was a lazy day. Had fun with Leanne's dad and the gang. He bought us lunch. Thanks Mr. Pearl. He also loaned Leanne an awesome drum set. While everybody was resting after and watching TV, I went and wrote on a swinging bunch in front of the family home The Pearls built when Leanne was a baby. hey built the bench too.

I wrote a long positivity rant in my notebook. I don't know what else to call it. Then I summarized the rant, essentially, and wrote this tune, "Two Tickets to Tenderness." Simplified. be positive and live life right. All these ideas that it's OK, or even ideal to take advantage of people for your own well-being couldn't be more backwards. "Speak the truth. Live the truth." Be free." That's tattooed on my friend Kip's back in Hebrew. I agree.

So this tune feels good. I was relieved to find out, when I checked just now that chords are not the same as "Two Tickets to Paradise" by Eddie Money. Obviously, I'm familiar with tune. My melody and chords are different. That's always a relief to find out. People will decide to do the right thing. We need to survive. It's the only way. We are al one. To assail another, is to assail yourself. Why bother? Why choose pain over harmony? Why choose hatred over love in life? Don't. Love is the answer. It's the only way. Money is temporary. It's a test to see what you're willing to do to get ahead? Be kind and feel free.

Thanks to all The Pearls for the impeccable hospitality.

No comments: