Friday, November 18, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 353

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 359 Jefferson Jay Band "The New Dawn" 8-19-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P23NRQmavzI


I taught second grade today. It's been a busy day. I found out last night I would be on the new FM Talk Station tonight with Bob Sullivan. It is actually the powerful News station in San Diego, "The Big One" KOGO 600AM, that is now being simulcast on FM. So technically, I m going to be on 2 radio stations in less than an hour.

I spoke to Bob today and he told me he call the Occupy Movement "The Renaissance Fair and that he thinks all those people have no leader and no message. He thinks they're basically homeless. I respectfully disagree so I wrote a song about it. It's called "Too Dumb." I think it's pretty easy to understand their message. Massive disparity in wealth. Corporate domination. Pretty simple stuff. Police brutality is bad.

Times are changing and the more America's mayors agree to beat up the the protesters for peacefully assembling, the more people will see what's clearly going on.

Barry Obama said this in a speech on January 28, 2011:

"As the situation continues to unfold, our first concern is preventing injury or loss of life. So I want to be very clear in calling upon the Egyptian authorities to refrain from any violence against peaceful protestors.

The people of Egypt have rights that are universal. That includes the right to peaceful assembly and association, the right to free speech, and the ability to determine their own destiny. These are human rights. And the United States will stand up for them everywhere."

Take your own advice, Barr... if you have any say at all.

This is my song "The New Dawn." It tells of the bright light that awaits up in this world. We can bring love to the streets. We are just awaking as a people. It feels good.

You can have the music here.

www.jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com

This was recorded on August 19, 2009 at The Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach, CA.

I am going to go do the radio show and play the song I wrote today at lunch. Talk to you in a bit. I'll tell you how it goes.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 359 "End of the Line" by The Travelling Wilburys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VhmLVfloBU


"Copyright music and lyrics reproduced by kind permission of Special Rider -- for original, exclusive performances by Bob Dylan, check-out the official channel at www.youtube.com/bobdylan."

The Operation 365 is winding to a close here now. Less than one week to go. The end of the line. Tomorrow, we enter the 360's.

The Travelling Wilburys are cool 'cause they are Roy Orbison, Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, and Tom Petty. 5 generations of cool. Rock generations are shorter than standard generations. I wonder if I'm required to post the Bob Dylan disclaimer. Dylan's folks hit me up early in the 365 to let me know I should post this whenever I do one of his songs.

"Copyright music and lyrics reproduced by kind permission of Special Rider -- for original, exclusive performances by Bob Dylan, check-out the official channel at www.youtube.com/bobdylan."

There you go, Bob. I did it, even though you only wrote one-fifth of this song. I'll go stick it at the top now too. I don't want to upset you or your web sheriff.

Actually, I think Bob would be proud. I just went on Clear Channel's KOGO, currently being simulcast on 600Am and 95.7FM in San Diego. The host, "Sully" Bob Sullivan was ranting about the pointlessness of the Occupy Movement or pretty much the whole hour before I went on. I can't blame him. He grew up in San Diego and works drive-time on the news station. He recently replaced on of those conservative hate-mongering looneys in the time slot.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 359 "The New Dawn" 3-11-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7poNj07tSHQ


Here is another version of "The New Dawn," Track 8 off my new CD, "Gift To Be Alive." It is abou hopefulness and the world can live in if we make it. A positive world, where people care for each other and accept that we're all one. All this pulling against each other is pulling against ourselves. It is unnecessary. It is like fighting nature. It is fighting nature. We make the world we covet. It's not too late to shine.

Hear here. Clear?

www.jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com

It's free, like we should be. You and me. Peace

No comments: