Thursday, November 17, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 352

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 358 Jefferson Jay "Finding Your Dreams" 1-27-09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo6ycOPorrQ


Hello everybody. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Things are looking up here quite nicely. Yes dark things occur. No, it shouldn't and won't spoil the soup for everybody. People need to eat. In fact, I'm hungry.

"Finding Your Dreams" is Tune 7 of my new CD, "Gift To Be Alive. "Said CD can be scored or sipped here

http://jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com/album/gift-to-be-alive-2

An invitation to indulge in "Finding Your Dreams" specifically can be found here.

http://jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com/track/finding-your-dreams

Like Tune 5, "Great Shine," I wrote "Finding Your Dreams" at Blowski's pad after he picked me up from the airport.. outside. We decide if we will find our dreams or not. Unpredictable events occur all the time. It is how react that determines where we arrive. I am very thankful and appreciative for all the good graces I have in my life right now. Anything Can happen. Everything happens for a reason and we are all one. Those are a few tidbits that help compose my world view.

This version of "Finding Your Dreams" was recorded on January 27, 2009 at my Open Mic. I am joined my The Soul Man on guiro.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 358 "I Am... I Said" by Neil Diamond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6kIupB1Wuc


One week left in the 365 and I choose Neil Diamond. I choose "I Am... I Said." Neil and his impassioned delivery get it done every time. I emulate him here some 'cause it's fun. This song is about finding yourself, as I understand it. I think that's something everyone can relate to. Neil is talking about life as a two-coast dude. I can relate to that as well. Unbelievably, Neil Diamond is his real name. Neil Leslie Diamond. Don Truesdail's middle name was also Leslie. Donald Leslie Truesdail.

"I Am... I Said" is about finding your dreams, much like my song for today of the same name. It is also being true to yourself and I feel I am that way, Some might argue it's one of my best traits. Honestly, it's the only way I know how to be. It is hard for me to accept that some other folks are different that way. It would be tough going out into the world as a giant phony.

Huge anniversary shout-outs to my dad and his wife of 26 years, Karen, I love you guys. More anniversary shout-outs go to Dan and Janet Truesdail who also celebrate anniversary today, their 38th. There are no coincidences. There is only what goes down.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 358 "Finding Your Dreams" 9-24-09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIKOfs2dF1o


Ola amigos. Today's tune off my new CD, "Gift To Be Alive" is Track 7, "Finding Your Dreams." "Finding Your Dreams" is about what you say and do determines whether you find your dreams or not, regardless of what complicating factors intervene.

The new CD, "Gift To Be Alive" can heard or downloaded, for free or for dough here.

http://jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com/album/gift-to-be-alive-2

The CD version of "Finding Your Dreams" can be grooved to thusly.

http://jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com/track/finding-your-dreams

It took me a week and and some life crap to navigate, but I am finally adjusted to the new method of 365ing.

Shout-out to the brothers and sisters holding it down in the name of equality and justice over at Occupy all over the world. I know it's tough times, but its your time. Keep trying. Always remember Peace and love are the kryptonite to the Superman that you're fighting. They have no defense against. They just think they do.

No comments: