Sunday, November 6, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 341

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 347 Robin Lee "Turn of the Century" 4-2-2009
http://youtu.be/ru5YCzFb5CY


One thing I will miss most about the Operation 365 is the opportunity to shine light on the work of my incredibly talented friends. This piece by Bart Mendoza in the free local paper, "The Peninsula Beacon," this week,

http://www.sdnews.com/view/full_story/16279737/article-Jefferson-Jay-launches-new-open-mic-gig-at-Reunion?instance=arts

talks all about what a team player I am. I can't deny it. I love my friends. I see we're all connected and I don't draw a line between lifting myself up and lifting others up. There is plenty of love in this world to go around. My friend Robin Lee has been away for along time. I miss her and don't know if I'll ever see her again. I have no idea where she could be. I am glad to be able to see her face and hear her songs and I am glad to be able to share that gift with others. It is what the Operation 365 is all about.

So while, I do still have more clips of Robin, and I will still be able to post them given the urge, the whole context of the 365 demonstrates the fabric of love that united and continues to unite all my friends from those days, here. So love to Robin, wherever she is and love to Jack Davidson, backing her so effectively on the guitar, as he did routinely in those days. I love today, but I loved then too. I'm glad through this, we all get to share a little of both. Peace

NOTE: I made up the name for this song, "Turn of the Century," 'cause I just so couldn't stand posting another Robin Lee song that I didn't know the name of. Please forgive.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 347 "Sweet Dreams Are Made of This" by The Eurythmics
http://youtu.be/ZyHBv_PTPyY


I was going to bust out "Sweet Dreams Are Made of This" a couple weeks ago but was shanghai'd by crappy chords on the 'net. So today, thanks to my pal, Josh Rodriguez and the loan of his book, "Piano White pages," I am bringing you a far more accurate rendition of the 1983 hit. There were a few good hits that year."Eye of the Tiger" jumps to mind. "Owner of a Lonely Heart." "Bette Davis Eyes." Not sure 1983 gets credit for all of those, but I think that it does. Go '83.

So a shoutout to Dylan Avery for recommending I do this tune, but I probably would have don it anyway. I've always had a place in my heart for chicks with red crewcuts.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 346 "Today Is the Day"
http://youtu.be/XD-yfpugPCc


I was having an urge to use my trusty capo when I was in Ridgecrest this past weekend, Alas, I did not bring said capo, so I had to delay that there gratification 'til today. "Today Is the Day" is a simple, happy, ditty, about being the moment at all times. There is no other way. What are you gonna be in yesterday? Sounds pointless to me.

So enjoy this jovial jaunt through the foothills of my mind. Remember love and everything will happen exactly as its supposed to.

No comments: