Friday, December 2, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 344

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 344 “Let It Snow” by Dean Martin



It’s getting to be that time of year, folks. December is here. Gotta go through some of the Christmas classic. So here is “Let It Snow.” I love me some snow… one or two days a year. Most years, I miss it, a small sacrifice to dwell in the beauty that is Southern California. All it takes is a short drive to the mountains to enjoy snow any way. Most years, I skip it, but I do love me some snow. More memories of fun snow play growing up than I can possibly recall. I’m recalling one moment right now though…

Dean-O didn’t write this jam, but he probably did the most well-known version so we’ll give him credit. If you want to know who really wrote “Let It Snow,” Google it. That’s what I’d do. Did Wednesday in fact… then I forgot.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Originals - 344 "Our Love"



So, we're beginning to wind our way into the final act of this here 365. It's been fun. Real fun. I have a few songs I wrote in the years before this thing got started that are on a list of potential includees. "Our Love" is one of those, one of the top 2 or 3 left actually. There's a bunch of others I wrote that are likely to remain unshared.

"Our Love" is fine chance to talk about something I may not address enough. "Our Love." I am in love. Yep. As I typed those words my wife, Leanne, texted me. "You're awesome. I love you." What's not to love, right? And it goes both ways. As I was typing, before the loving and timely interruption, I was about to tell you that I couldn't be happier than I am in my life with Leanne and here's a little video to tribute that fact of my daily life.

I thought briefly about including a million photos of us from all the spots we've gone in our time together but ultimately went back to posting wedding shots. It really doesn't get much better than weddings when it comes to celebrating love. Thanks to Dylan Avery, not pictured 'cause he took every one of these shots. Hail.

Even bigger thanks to my honey for loving me so well for so long. It is hugely appreciated.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Words – 344 “The Fire Bringer and Balance”


I am here for you, folks, so here for you, it’s not even funny. Well, sometimes, it is… I am going to miss you every day come a December 23rd a when I have to go back to my role as the guy not doing this all the time. But, I refuse to leave you in a lurch, Quite the contrary, I aim to leave a legacy of love, a huge treasure trove of thoughts, feelings, opinions and ideas you can reflect on and tap into whenever you need, for any reason whatsoever, from now until the end of time. How’s that for an agenda?

So, here I bring the fire that stays lit, an eternal flame of love, light, energy and enthusiasm, more compactly known around here as ‘thuse. Yes, but each man, child or woman can spend each day ranting, and raving and shouting to all form the mountaintops. There must be equal time for rest, relaxation and regrouping. Balance, if you will, that is where the Nige-meister comes in. What can I say? We are great at what we do? The next step; Operation Reach-the-World-More, Make Change, and Get Paid, necessarily in that order… or so it seems. 




No comments: