Thursday, December 15, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 357

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 357 "That’s Why I Carry a Gun’” by Tim Riley


Well, I am nothing if not consistent. A 365 is a lot about numbers. You can’t help but think of them and their significance daily. What is the significance of the number 357. You don’t have to be in the NRA for that number to lead you to thinking about guns. For the first time in my life. I think I’d like to own one. It’s not priority, but most things aren’t… until they are.

Well, apparently I thought the same thing five years ago, the first time I rolled up on a Day 357. That day I covered “With a Gun” by Steely Dan, which I’d possibly pay today, if I hadn’t already done it. I have another gun cover though and I think I’ll go unearth the analog chord sheet, (a.k.a. piece of paper) upon which it lives in relative obscurity. I’m off to find a needle. Haystack, be damned.

I like to do different special thing in the lead up to the end of these things. I am still trying to come up with something special for Day 365. I had a plan, but it’s been trumped by Christmas parties and pregnancy. Long story. My wife is not pregnant. My friend who was going to play the flute solo on “California Dreamin’” is.

Well, until then, I find myself covering friends of mine these past few days. It is a special gift to share, the gift of covering a friend’s song. Most songwriters have never heard anyone else play their tunes. It is a special sensation unlike any other. Even though I’ve covered yesterday’s friend, Dan Truesdail and today’s amigo, Tim Riley, previously in the first 365, these are different tunes, ones I’ve wanted to play and share for some time now. It never gets old, sharing your music and other people’s music with, not only the original artist, but the world around us. Hail life.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Words – 357 “On Love Fest Participation”


Made up two little jams here today. Not sure which is better, but I do know which is cuter. The one with Nigel. So you got to figure, swell music aside, that’s the one I’m sure to be editing here real soon. Tomorrow is my Christmas musical. I am directing my original work, “The Hunt for The Great Christmas Tree 4: One for the Ladies”. It is a coming of age story for our young female protagonist. I am excited for my actors. They all have special needs and have been the best cast one could ever dream of or ask for. One of my guys even told me I was a “great director” today. Wow. …And he has acted in a lot of things, played Danny Zuco once actually, something I’d always dreamed of doing until I became way too old to play a high school student.

It is supposed to rain tomorrow. Perhaps today’s vids are foreshadowing that. But I say no. No rain. Denial works… until it doesn’t. Rain at 2PM. That would be great. 1:30 even.

Well, the unexpected has prevailed. I have informally determined that I have two days worth of footage here, so I think I will save the cutest Nigel stuff for tomorrow and let this attempt at an interview and the song I tried to make first stand her on Day 357.

I see big positive changes coming real soon to us and our world. I am fired up and it’s about time. Participate, my friends. Your world needs you.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Originals - 357 “Turn Around the World”


As I said, I can see big changes on the horizon and I am stoked to participate in it.  I see people living in love and not in fear or greed or shortsightedness. All this bestowing gifts on ourselves can only take us so far, and by so far, I mean exactly this far, not far at all.

So here, I sing/freestyle another number about how, where, when, and why this will all happen. The only W left is what, as in what will happen. Well, and winning, as I believe the lovers will. We are on the right side of history. The haters can hate and come along when they realize we are right. They can discover their lover within. It is the only way.

I like the double meaning of the title I just made up, “Turn Around the World,” as in changing things and as in our matriculation through this spinning globe we call home.

No comments: