Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 362

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Words – 362 “I Say a Prayer for You”


Somehow this morning, I tweaked my neck slightly. No big deal, but my friends at work noticed and expressed their concern about my well-being. How sweet. I reassured them as best I could that I was fine, but not before one amiga said a prayer for me. That led me to this little touching song. Hail love.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 362 “The Chanukah Song” by Adam Sandler


So via request, here is “The Chanukah Song.” I love making people happy. Fulfilling their requests is one little way to get this done. There are many. I am friendly to folks working at cash registers. I try to bring light where there is darkness and this is a pretty fun song.

So, here goes that. Plus, it seems proper to do a Chanukah song when I know I’ve done plenty o’ Xmas tunes as this project wraps up. Love to everyone, everywhere, no matter what you celebrate. We all deserve love.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Originals - 362 “There Comes a Dance”


We all have a time in our life when something’s got to give. I feel like I’m at that point in my life in a myriad of ways. It is nice how it all wraps up right here at the end of the year, as easy a time as there is to regroup and take the next measures.

I am getting extremely fired up for whatever follows this Operation 365 2. I feel big things on the horizon and I feel I am finally ready. I was sure I was ready at 19. I wasn't. I thought I might be ready at 30. I might have been right, but this is the path I was meant to walk. Now I am eager to put myself in a position to make more things happen. 

We all await some special event, a dance, if you will. Many call the NCAA college basketball tournament The Big Dance. I heard New york Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz on the radio earlier today referring to the NFL play-offs as a a dance. My simple point is, anything can be a dance. Something big that you go to, put forth your best effort, and try your luck. That's what I am talking about. It feels good to feel like I am on the precipice of something big. 

Finally. 



Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – BONUS - 362 “Fill Rivers”


I must have a knack for this stuff, ‘cause this big beast of a project is all but done and I keep coming up with more reasons to do more. What can I say? I couldn’t let this funfest end without a few last words on the NFL’s most enigmatic leader, San Diego Chargers quarterback Phil Rives. Phil has a bit of a pouting problem when things to quite head his way, which is often. In this tune, I opine that Phil sheds enough tears when things don’t go his way to “Fill Rivers.”

 So, this little number that I wrote for The Scott and BR Radio show on The Mighty 1090AM (www.mighty1090.com). I don’t believe this one ever made it to air and I think it’s kind of funny so I thought I’d include before there was no point to this song whatsoever. For all we know there won’t even be a San Diego Chargers by next month. Phil Rivs!       

No comments: