Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 356

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 356 “This Life’s Gonna Be the Death of Me” by Dan Truesdail



So, we're getting to the end of this 365 and I am feeling compelled to do meaningful things. Time may not be psyched about this choice, but I'm more with posterity than time on this one. There'll be time later. Right...?

Hmm. Well,  I don't feel like telling this long story now, I just realized. You never know what life is going to decide until it's time. “This Life’s Gonna Be the Death of Me” is a song I love by my friend, Dan Truesdail. It's an honor to know him and play his amazing song. I'm going to smile, as I take this opportunity to leave it at that. Thanks. Hail Almighty.

Oh, one last thing. Dan, please allow this version of “This Life’s Gonna Be the Death of Me” to stand in as my "Christmas Letter" to you. I was gonna learn that tune, like I said I would, and decided to use that time learning this one instead.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Originals - 356 “Sometimes”


“Sometimes” is a song I improvised this afternoon, while in need of an "Original" for this project. It seems nice enough and I will give it a more thorough evaluation as I tidy up loose ends in the immediate aftermath of said Operation. Things are all different kinds of ways. “Sometimes” we get to decide. “Sometimes” life decides. “Sometimes”



Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Words – 356 “Unfathomable”


Other names considered included "High Quality Footage," "Incoherent Mumbles," and "Grown Man Flings Hair." No, honestly, this video is beyond amazing. It is you. 

No comments: