Monday, December 12, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 354

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Originals - 354 “Darkness and Light”



Life is complicated. Congrats to my wife, who knew nothing at all about football prior to this season, on defeating me in our play-in game for the fantasy football play-offs. Brutal game, that fantasy football. The question becomes to return to retirement. We’ll take some time and consider things, before making any drastic maneuvers.

Today, I’m subbing. I was happy to see the children. I had subbed for these kids once before and wrote a song with them. They were happy to see me and I was foolish enough to be nice. It doesn’t work. They reminded me they are kids and all this being nice stuff backfires. They are wired to take advantage of nice substitutes. So the second time, I got to start a class, I laid down a much sterner line of chatter. It worked.

I wrote this song, with some help from the 4th graders. They would have done more but I was basking in the silence I had finally got them to produce. It was serenity personified. So they mostly listened, but pitched the chords and some words and that led us to this discussion of life’s intricate nature, “Darkness and Light.”


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 354 “Feliz Navidad” by Jose Feliciano



Love me some Christmas jams. Did a whole bunch of 'em today, working with the local yutes. Few funner than this one here, the ol' "Feliz Navidad." Of yeah. Hooray Christmas play. Hooray Christmas play week. I did " The Hunt for the Great Christmas Tree 4: One for the Ladies" in its entirety for a group of energetic 5th graders. I was eager to hear their feedback and reviews included "very inspiring" and "amazing." Not caring what people think is all well and good, but when people like what you've creatively conjured, that feels great too, especially when you're visualizing selling millions of tree dolls...  like I am. 


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Words – 354 “Rhymes with Elf”


Getting into some real deep stuff here today. It’s been a long year. What can I tell ya? It’s Monday. I was hungry…


No comments: