Saturday, December 10, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 352

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 352 “The City of New Orleans” by Arlo Guthrie



Been trying to think of cool covers to play to wrap up this here 365 in a couple weeks.  “The City of New Orleans” by Arlo Guthrie popped into my head and to my pleasure, it was still there in the morning when I got up, so here we went. It wasn't too tough to learn once we got past all the wrongness on the Internet. I am humble to have come this close to completing this enormo basket of work, but new challenges lie just beyond and I am excited to immerse in them. Much in the manner, that I am excited to immerse in some chow and caffeine real soon.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Originals - 352 “Christmas Tree Don't Want to Be Cut Down”



I made this little decision some months ago that I was going to save the songs from my Christmas musicals that I direct... save, as in, not share them here for this project. Initially, I thought I'd use the hundred plus songs I wrote for the 16 episodes of "The Hunt for The Great Christmas Tree" that I have in the bag and use that to get through the final couple months of this 365 project. Then I changed my mind. I thought I'm sharing almost everything I have here and I should save some stuff for myself of for money, as in not giving everything away free. I know. Millions do not appear to be rushing to my channel to steal all my things and frankly, I'd be flattered if they did, but then again, maybe they are. I haven't noticed.

Well, anyway. I am in the Christmas spirit and I excited for our performance of "The Hunt for the Great Christmas Tree 4: One for the Ladies" this Friday, so here is the title song (more or less) sung by the title character in original "The Hunt for The Great Christmas Tree," “Christmas Tree Don't Want to Be Cut Down.” If anyone knows Disney, tell 'em I'm down to discuss then using my seminal snow musical,s with special needs actors and positive lessons 'til the cows come home. If you think they may know what to do with that sort of thing...


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Words – 352 “Pretty Savvy Lighting Designer”


I'm blessed to know some pretty savvy folks, folks. Maybe someday we'll sit back and enjoy various breads together. My wife bakes. Perhaps she can bake for this occasion. Feng Shui. Lighting matters. 

It's recreational. Oh.











No comments: