Friday, December 23, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 365

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – BONUS – 365 “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town” by Bruce Springsteen




The Boss did not write “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town.” A fella named Coots did. John Haven Coots and Haven Gillespie. Cheers, gents. You made it into The Operation 365 2. Sometimes, with love, you just can’t stop. I just got so in to the Christmas spirit. Giving time, my friends. So in addition to 365 full days of this fun, I’ve been adding BONUS videos all week. In fact, two BONUS videos decorate the glorious tree that is Day 365.

How will I stop tomorrow? I won’t in a way. I intend to clean up the data diaspora that is the this project and I intend to continue the blog, for roughly a week or as long as it takes me to reflect and share what the Operation 365 has meant to me. In the mean time, Santa is coming and we will all celebrate together.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – BONUS 2 – 365 “Everything Happens for a Reason”


“Everything Happens for a Reason” is one of my favorite maxims to live by. I think about that all the time. It helps me make sense of a world that often seems to defy it. I even named a words video on Day 74, “Everything Happens for a Reason.” This here is an original song, an improvised or freestyled song, if you prefer, done in the classic Operation 365 manner. Hit record. Make a song. That’s it. I hope to continue using that method without the urgency injected by the 365.

Until then, or in case I don’t, here is one last endeavor into this rewarding pond. Built for you, another bonus on Day 365, “Everything Happens for a Reason.”


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 365 “California Dreamin’” by The Mamas and The Papas


“All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray.
I’d be safe and warm if I was in L.A.”
- California Dreamin’, The Mamas and The Papas

It’s the stuff dreams are made of for small East Coast children. It gets in your head and it never goes away, the stuff of make-believe. Warmth and sunshine all year long. Beautiful women. A paradise so far, yet just a drive away. Los Angeles. The City of Angels.

It’s a thrill half my life later to still me here living the California dream. Kind people. Respect. A wide variety of individuals. Acceptance. The kinship folks find when they are far away from home. I am humbled to have a home here, just blocks from the beach. Even a gray San Diego day in the end of December has a little bit of sunshine.

It is up to us to decide what happens. That’s what I’ve done here for 365 days. And I’m just getting started.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Originals - 365 “People”


Some say, “save the best for last.” Who’s to say what’s best… or even last for that matter? We never know. One day at work, a colleague, Pam, asked me to write a song for the folks in the Seniors department. I did. It was called, “Seniors,” and they loved it. I realized soon after that song was about far more than the “Seniors,” and deserved to be about all the people. And I changed the chorus to “People.”

I love this song and I think it has a very clear and positive message.

“Everyone is equal. Everyone is great. We all have things to offer in brilliant different ways.” – People, Me.

I really believe that. I think we are all great and are limited only by limitations we allow into our mind. Here is my pledge to finally shed those limitations. They are not mine. They never world. Whole world, here I come. It truly is a gift to be alive.

Thanks to my friends and my wife for putting up with me doing videos all the time every day for a year… again. Most of all my wife Leanne, who still here , in this 365’s finally 66 minutes, really wants to me put this down and go to bed. Soon, hon. Very soon, here I come. Thanks to anyone and everyone who watched, enjoyed, glimpsed, pondered, giggled, or even thought about watching any of these 1100 labors of love. My video children.

A final thanks to my dear friends, The Hunseys, who once again welcomed us into their heavenly home and collaborated on another unforgettable Operation 365 finale. Endless thanks to all my special partners at work and to Orion Boucher, Steph G and Anthony “Tony Rod” Hernandez for their instrumental help in nailing down the Operation 365 2’s last act.

Peace and love to everyone everywhere. We are all one. Until real soon. Kisses


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Words – 365 “A Fond Farewell”



Sometimes a simple good-bye is best. In fact, it’s no good-bye at all. It is a farewell, as I believe we will be seeing much more of each other in the days, weeks, months and years to come. Thanks and see you soon! Happy Holidays. Onward and upward.

Love,

Jefferson Jay

No comments: