Saturday, February 5, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 67

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 73 Jefferson Jay - "Killing's Wrong" - 2-4-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6s1ozOt0ks

In today's archival episode, we return to February 4, 2010, a year and ago today. This afternoon at Winston's Blowski, Soul Man, Richard and I will be joined by Paul Ruiz and Cory and Laura Wilkins as The Jefferson Jay Band returns to Winston's at 6PM. Can you tell I'm excited? I'm also excited about my new puppy Nigel, who appears in some of today's videos. Even though, tons of families wanted to adopt him because he is so unbelievably cute, theoretically he could have been earmarked for for execution as a homeless little pup just days ago. So let's all celebrate that not happening with another rousing rendition of everybody's favorite 21st century contemplative classic, "Killing's Wrong."

Also special about this version are the presence of superdude Wes Davis, and me on the banjo. Hooray hurrah sis boom bah. "Killing's Wrong" is on my CD, "Blue; A Kid's Album," which is available for download at jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 73 "Runaway Jim" - Phish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtxngcdNp2E

Was feeling super dog-enthusiastic with the expansion of our family here by one, that one being puppy, Nigel, so I fished out the doggy-based Phish classic, "Runaway Jim." Not only did Nigel oblige by being absurdly cute on screen but he even ran away mid-tune, clearly an homage to Phish's subject dog himself, Runaway Jim.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Outtakes - 73 "Runaway Jim" Outtakes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36SwQEqXX3U

Nigel is so cute I figured I'd add "the making of Runaway Jim" as an excuse to show more of how cute Nigel is and how happy he makes me.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 73 "Rincon and Angel"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJpnnEO5EuM

Feeling in a doggy mood, I dug up one of my Angel-inspired tunes that I hadn't 365'd yet. "Rincon and Angel" is the story of Angel as a youth and her frolicking adventures with her best pal at the time, Rincon. I recorded this song for my CD, "Blue; A Kid's Album," which is available at jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com

Parts of "Rincon and Angel" look at life from a dog's perspective and others aim to get inside the mind of such cute pooches, interpreting their motives. The biggest benefit to having a pooch in my opinion is the incredible influx of love in your life and I think this tune makes that point quite well

NOTE: Now this is a guy who get what Operation 365 is all about.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/trackandfield/news/story?id=6092994

That's my 365 boy, Stefaan Engels. I will record my song Belgium soon in his honor. Nice work, Stef. Just in from the "there-is-no-such-thing-as-randomness" department. The man, who owns Rincon, who I thought about mentioning but didn't, his named Stefan.
And the fact that that just showed up on espn.com which this track was still bouncing. Borderline, a sign. Stefaan Engles, you're an inspiration.

No comments: