Monday, February 21, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 83

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 89 Edem Bastos - "OB" 12-18-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U68ieEIAzZ4

Here is my friend Edem Bastos from a legendary night in the history of my shows, December 18, 2008. This was our Christmas party of sorts and very many of our mainstays played sets that night. Edem Bastos is a handsome and interesting fellow from Brazil who was with us for awhile here in Ocean Beach. He liked it quite a bit and this is one of the tunes he wrote to detail that affection.

I was chatting on facebook with Edem the other day. it was very nice to hear from him. He encouraged us to visit him in his beachside neighborhood in Brazil and come play a show with im. Of course, I would love to. Hopefully, we can make it so. Edem always had a smile, more or less, except that time he lost his wallet. He found it, like I told him he would and I hope to see him again real soon. He is funny.

Besides a Christmas part after an incredible year December 18, 2008 is significant because it was the final on stage appearance of my dear departed amigo, Don Truesdail. I might not mention that in this blog, but he makes a nice little cameo right at the start of Edem's set. It is always nice to see him, especially when it was not expected. Don, feel free to stop be any time. you too, Edem. Peace. The Soul Man, also always welcome is sitting in on guiro from the audience, and can be heard in all his percussive splendour.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 89 "Who Dropped The Bomb?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHf0_Mak03E

I like this tune, because I wrote it the first time I ever jammed with Blowski, one of my nearest and dearest amigos everski. It has a deep, dark mood and I like it. It was written during the George Bush years and the second verse directly pertains to his "royal loins." I like the question is asks, "Does it really even matter who dropped the bomb?" If we, the people, use all our advances in technology to merely destroy each other than what was our whole society really worth anyway. I guess it's worth what we put into it every day. And what we get out.

Open acknowledgements to this tune's similarity to David Bowie's classic, "Space Oddity." I didn't plan it that way, but it is pretty blatantly noticeable. I don't play it much and am 99.99999% sure it'll never be on one of my CDs, specifically because of that connection. I was looking up at the chemtrails in the sky today. Chemtrails are the stuff sprayed from planes to fill the sky. The resemble clouds, but at any serious inspection, they are clearly not clouds. It's a big secret and there's no official explanation of what they are. They're as much of a secret as something anyone looking up can see, can be. There is a great documentary on the interent about them called "What in The World Are they Spraying?" It is broken up in 7 parts. My favorite one is Part 6, though, particularly about one minute in, when these guys making the documentary (American heroes, they are), start accosting congresspeople on Capitol Hill and asking for answers about all this nonsense. Watch our elected officials fumfur, stammer, and stutter like the treasonous criminals that they are.

6 of 7 What in the world are they spraying? (Chemtrails) www.realityzone.com/whatspray.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BryudkbVFhc

I try not to think about this too much cause it's upsetting, but today when I was looking at another days sky-full of spray, I was glad I had this angst-ridden reflection of my frustration, to share.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 89 "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AaK6cHpdhw

This "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" will be my final tribute here to my friend Tony, who died, 19 years ago yesterday. When someone's been gone that long, it's not the same as when someone's recently departed. There is not as much to discuss, as many revelations to be had. It just becomes part of life as you know it. I feel as close to Tony as two people can be. I feel like we are one. We share one body. I look out for him here and he looks out for me wherever he is. We look out for each other wherever we are, always. I've felt this way a long time. In fact, it's the core of what I believe as a human being. My experiences re-connecting with Tony after he died are the truest, realest things I've ever experienced, at least up until Don died in 2009. I would never expect anyone to believe in the validity of my experiences. That's why I don't talk about them or share them, except the rare occasions when subjects like these come up. That said, they are real to me as anything that has ever happened.

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" was Tony's favorite Beatles tune. At that age, I was finally accepting (begrudgingly) that the Beatles were cool. I was young. That didn't stop Tony though. He lived as full a life as you can at 17, I suppose. I wouldn't change a thing. Everything happens for a reason. I believe.

Thanks to George Harrison for writing such a neat song. Thanks to Richard Romero, who can be seen and heard in the background. He was straightening up after a cool rehearsal we had here and thanks to Nigel for his irrepressible spirit and cuteness. Now, if he'd only stop pooping on my floor...

NOTE: Yesterday, I sent an old friend a picture from back in high school, of her with Tony. She wrote back right away. We haven't spoken in years. This is what I wrote back, just now. I felt like sharing it here. I think it's a fair summary of my life, as it is right now.

[Life here is pretty grand. Can't complain. Been living in CA for 15 years, SD for 10. Live right by the beach. Teach some. Play music. Have a dog and just got a puppy with my girlfriend. All is well. Still chasing my dreams. Getting 'em bit by bit, day by day. Seems to be the way.

Yeah, I like the pic. Thought you would too. Hope this finds you very happy and well.

Peace

Jeff]

Peace

Peace

No comments: