Monday, February 28, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 89

Long day so far, and it's only 3:39PM. Got a new job, Realized maybe a I don;t have a new job. Car broke going form Job Part A to Job Part B. Got towed. Need new brakes. Now it seems I do have a job, for at least tomorrow. Who knows if my car will be fixed yet? Ups and downs. God bless life. Had some issues I wanted to address, but I will be waiting til tomorrow on those.

Operation 365 – Jefferson Jay – Archives – 96 Mary Dolan - 12-6-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1GfvYrsnZw

This is Mary Dolan from my "12 Hours of Free Music" show on December 6, 2008. I posted one song from this set a few months ago, the last song she played that night, "76 Miles From Getting Laid." I was watching today's clip. I had already bounced it. Then I realized she stops in the middle and takes off a Band-Aid, that was messing with her. I dont want to put that out, so I'm going to find another Mary Dolan song from this set now. Anyway, while I get to that, what I was going to say is, there are many faces to Mary Dolan, the artist. There is the "76 Miles From Getting Laid," Mary Dolan, and there is this other song I was going to post about St. Francis and Jesus. That's going to have to wait, but who doesn't love a multi-faceted artist. I do.

Instead, I'll be posting my favorite Mary Dolan song, with bonus explanation of how she hurt her finger at the end. This one is called "Marsha Brady," presumable a childhood hero of Mary's... or something like that. This is from the rockin' school of Mary's tunes. Think I'm gonna go with more Mary tomorrow too, because I think she's great.

Operation 365 – Jefferson Jay – Covers – 96 "Hound Dog" popularized by Elvis Presley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWvtYzBE6Wc

"Hound Dog" was really written by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller for those of you following closely at home. Glad to see some of you are. John Westrich informed the 365 that Even Stevens co-wrote Eddie Rabbitt's "I Love A Rainy Night." My buddy Blowski, noted that Even Stevens is a really cool name and I strenuously agree. I'm glad I recorded these songs today before my car fell to pieces because I imagine I"d be struggling a fair bit right now to summon the emotion and energy to record tunes under these less than ideal circumstances. Anyway, I love life and some broke brakes and no money's not gonna stop me one iota. So there!

Operation 365 – Jefferson Jay – Originals – 96 "And"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh8_WHzf3To

This is a tune I wrote awhile back. I kind of like doing it on the banjo. It translates nicely, but it summoned itself from my memory today, and here it is for you. And.

No comments: