Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Idealism vs. Caving a.k.a. Life on Disparity Island... Suffering.

I'm not sure what's more depressing, teaching or teaching and having no money. I try to stay positive and do a pretty good job I think, but sometimes the hopeless signs are hard to ignore. I mean a sky filled with spray instead of clouds. I mean working all the time doing something that doesn't ring true in my heart for money. Yes, I am idealist. Maybe I should give up on all this dreaming about helping make the world the way it should be, doing what feels right. But I can't.

These days, you're starting to hear people referring to the end of the world more and more. With 2012 ahead, and revolution, war, extreme economic disparity becoming more widespread each day, people are starting to see, shit might go down. I've seen these possibilities since I woke up in the early 90s. People used to think I was crazy. They said I was crazy when I said there were no weapons of mass destruction regarding Iraq. Some still think I'm crazy because my eyes can see airplanes spraying fake clouds every day or because my affliction, common sense, makes me realize that planes (or no planes, i.e. Tower 7) don't make skyscrapers crumble to the ground at freefall speed. Look up "freefall speed." People thought I was crazy when I said the Bush administration was spying on us. Guess what? They were. How? Who? Can't say. The news didn't report that part. They are part of the corporate nightmare that is our problem.

I hate ranting, but rolling over and taking it the keest (short for keester) silently, won't do either. I want to do something meaningful to me. I want to help the brotherhood and sisterhood that is the entire planet. So many people have been bought off so effectively, they literally can't spot a fake cloud in the sky. We will know things are beginning to turn for the better when people start realizing having obscene amounts of money is just that, obscene. There is a finite amount of resources. Used right, we could feed the world. Instead, corporations make it illegal for famers to farm and even if your dream is to cure cancer, you better not work too hard on that or they'll catch you and hide you away. Too much money is made off sky-spraying, seed profiteering and, pharmaceutical cancer treating. Money worship is the problem not the solution.

Some actress lady I never heard of, Amy Adams or something, wore a 1.3 million dollar dress to the Oscars. That is straight up, morally wrong. Nobody should even think that is OK, much less admirable. Nobody is so above everybody else that they deserve to wear an outfit that could feed thousands for a lifetime. Instead, these people starve and people are jealous of her. She should be ashamed of herself, and so should everyone else who still thinks that's cool. You can't take money with you when you die and from karma, you can never escape. Something needs to change, and when helping somebody is more respected than flaunting your opulence, then we'll know things are finally beginning to change for the better. Extreme wealth is an addiction. Shit is so backwards in this country that we dream more of being addicts than helping our society find a cure.

When I'm doing what my heart calls for, I don't think about this stuff sas much. When I'm where I don't want to be, and still poor as fuck. I just can't help it. I hope I live to see the day when the country I grew up admiring stops driving the world to destruction just so some filthy rich folks can get richer. What's the point? Suffering.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jefferson I really like this post. It touches on a few subjects that I have been finding increasingly relevant to my everyday life. I figured that since today we discussed that fact that I do indeed read the blog, perhaps I'll start letting you know what I think about them. :-)