Monday, March 28, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 116

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 124 Jefferson Jay on sitar and Wes Davis - 3-28-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TkPTVSdZ7M

This was filmed one year ago today at a little collaborative showcase we held called The Ocean Beach Road Show. This weekend, Wes and I (and Blowski) will be embarking on a California tour and I really excited about it. San Francisco, Sacramento, Santa Cruz, Oceanside, Humboldt, Marin, here we come. Hard to believe a whole year has passed. Boy, a lot has changed.

I am playing sitar here and Wes is on the slide guitar. The jam is a bit meandery but I think the sitar is cool and I like the vibe. I find it to be interesting. I don't think the sitar is coming on the trip, but wouldn't it be cool if it was. Look for the little snippets of "Little Drummer Boy" and Bob Marley's "Buffalo Soldier in there on the sitar. I was thinking about pulling out the "Little Drummer Boy" and using it as a cover, but that just seemed too easy. God forbid. Peace

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 124 "You Are So Beautiful" by Billy Preston and Bruce Fisher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvJjxwHwjcg

This song was popularized , of course, by Joe Cocker, here I am doing it for my doggie, Nigel, one of the cutest puppies in the history of mankind . Thank you very much. If this tugs at your heartstring, don't be afraid to cry., It is good for you to keep those emotions flowing. It is hard not to cry when you run across something that's this beautiful. I understand. Hail Nigel the puppy.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 124 "September"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9HbcS4KRpk

Finally, a song I didn't make up today. I like this song. This song mentions marijuana. Officially, I have no opinion on marijuana. I do know that my state, California, considers it medicine and gives it to sick people. I also know that the federal government and many other states put people in jail for a long time for dispensing this medicine. I just know that this is just a song and is not pro or anti marijuana or any other medicine for that matter. I hope that clears things up a whole bunch.

It is spring now, not the beginning of fall, but i like this song. It is one of my many month-inspired tunes and I hope you like it muchly.

No comments: