Thursday, March 24, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 112

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 120 "Our New Jam" with Paul Ruiz - 4-13-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA5CSltCnbc

Here I am rocking out with My friend Paul Ruiz on April 13, 2010. He was trumpeting and I was playing my gu zheng. I enjoy playing the gu zheng. I took a few lessons. Here we did a little something. I hope to be playing more gu zheng and more hanging with "The Genius" (Ruiz) soon.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 120 Ricardo Gutierrez - 12-18-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfaMnxLrNAs

This is Ricardo at the pinnacle of our little world on December 18, 2008. Great times. Watch through to the end for a special appearance by the one and only, Don Truesdail. Ricardo was right, The vocal was too low. I posted it anyway, because I loved the spirit of the whole thing so much. Peace to Gutierrez and Truesdail.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 120 "Ohio" by Neil Young - 12-18-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nfWjZ4d9g8

Here is a classic I played with Chimney Fish back in the old days quite often. At this set, December 18, 2008, we were acoustic. Perhaps Andy Davis had returned to St. Louis for Christmas. It was that time of year. It was our Christmas party. In fact, and this was the end of the night. Some pretty funny after song banter, between Senor Oskam and I.

"Ohio" has Brett Walling on vocals and guitar, Jeff Shaefer on guitar, Luke Oskam on bass and The Soul Man on guiro. Great times!

P.S. I woulda wrote more but I've had a couple beers and Swan Diego State lost today. Final Four run over. They did a pretty good job. D.J. Gay. Gonna go eat some dinner at Leanne's. Angel says it's time to get going.

No comments: