Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 117

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 125 Wes Davis - Dobro - 3-28-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XXjFfx9lM4

This is my soon to be travelling musical partner, Wes Davis, doin' a little thang on the dobro at our Ocean Beach Road Show performance, one year ago yesterday, March 28, 2010. Wes is a swell, fun guy and I am looking forward to having much fun with him on the road starting Saturday in Santa Cruz. We were supposed to play in Oceanside on Thursday. I only booked the gig cause I am friends with the owner. Apparently, not good enough friends, cause he double booked me and told me yesterday not very cool. If he spent more time focusing on the details of his venue and less time honing his imitation of my late grandmother, perhaps this wouldn't have happened. Oh well, onward and upward as my dear friend, Truesy-Wuesy liked to say., Yes, Don, onward and upward indeed. To Wes, and going north with him. Can't go much west from where I am without getting very, very salty and wet.

Oh yeah! Wes stars in a new movie, directed by Dylan Avery, that just became available for purchase today. Better yet, I am in it! Here is a link. Check it out, if you are so inclined. It's called "Buzzkill," and it's about Wes and his life as a coffee addict.

http://buzzkill.cjb.net/

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 125 "Amazing Grace" by John Newton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28DSIFAOLEo

Raise your hand if you knew "Amazing Grace" was written by a slaveowner who, with the help of God, found the eror in his ways? I didn't. Cheers to the elementary school music text book that taught me. I've always loved this tune. Who doesn't? Heathens? Hellfolk? I don't know and I don't care. I don't believe in either, I don't think. I definitely don't believe in hellfolk. Here it is today for you, "Amazing Grace."

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 125 "The Other Side"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doiV2jmJhrk

Another number I made up as the tape was rolling. "Mommy, what is tape?" - Miscellaneous child, wondering what the hell I'm talking about. Yeah, it's a blues. Ever fell like life is tough? Confused ever? Wonder what's going to happen? Tired, even? Yes, me too, from time to time, and here is a little expressive stream of consciousness along that motif. I'm sure there's some wisdom in there. It's just a matter of taking the time to sift through it and pull it all out. One man's wisdom is another man's duh. Hopefully, this does something useful for you. Peace

No comments: