Friday, March 25, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 113

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 121 Chimney Fish with JJ and Soul Man - 4-15-2009

Got to admit I'd been looking forward to getting to this point in the 365 for quite awhile. When I was contemplating potential exit strategies, this here Day 121, seemed like it might just the ticket. You see 121 x 3 equals 363. I've thrown in more than a few extra videos, so I've done more that 365 videos right here and now. Of course, as we are now here, that is of course not going to happen. Can't quit yet. Still got too much steam... and ten extra seconds fo free time, so I'm not going anywhere, at least not yet... baby.

Here on Day 121, we go again to the Chimney Fish acoustic from my birthday party, 4-15, 2009. Chimney Fish are/were (they broke up) Brett Walling - vox, Jeff Shaefer - guitar, Andy Davis - cajon, Luke Oskam - bass. The Soul Man appears on guiro. This was at the end of the long night of fun music. I was sitting in on the cool Brett Walling tune, "When I Was Young."

One of the things that happens frequently at shows is the occasional heckler. Unlike most hosts, I secretly look forward to those moments because I am more than capable of easily handling your average heckle-meister with ease. So this day, some guy talked some smack (it was actually before the tune but I stuck it on after), I dealt with him, but for this video, I let him get the last word. The point that's he a big sillyhead is not lost though, so don't worry. Fun times.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 121 " Home On The Range" - Traditional
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaAZh5hHi9s

I think this begins my era of sharing some classics form the music schoolbooks found in my classrooms. This song is fun. The schoolbook says FDR liked this tune, and how could he not. What I would give for his carcass to be propped up and re-inaugurated. Seriously. I'm so sick of fake clouds. I wonder if we will ever have organic skies again. They certainly didn't have that sprayed-sky crap back in those "Home On The Range" days. Here's the big difference between fake could and real clouds. Real clouds move. Spray doesn't. It just hangs there in the sky. Anyway, whatever. I try not to think about it too much. It's a bit disturbing.

This song is fun. It is so short I decided to do it three times. Redneck version, croony version, slightly serious and super speeded up version at the end. Oh, home on the range.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 121 "An Original Song"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ-z0bKd_p0

I hope I'm not going too far conjuring these original tunes. Today I went blues/cute with my newest hit, "An Original Song." I busted out this one for you today. I like it. L'chiem.

No comments: