Saturday, March 19, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 107

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 115 Patricia Mueller - 4-2-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDDi2-oHZXk

Patricia Mueller is my friend as well as the gifted pianist, who started my Thursday night shows, for a long time. She would begin at 7, classin' up the joint so nicely, and the show would follow from there, often concluding between 1 and 2AM. Yes, these were long shows. I take my work seriously and was glad to provide opportunities for as many fine musicians as possible, to share their wares with the public.

Patricia also plays keyboards for Acoustic Booze, the Blowski-led band, that I play drums for. She is a delightful young woman, and has earned herself the nicknames, Petey "The Sweetie" Mueller and Patricia "The Militia" Mueller. Here she is the on April 15, 2009. Our dear friend, the great Robin Lee at the outset of the vid, rolls up and sits piano-side for this number. There is a nice friendly exchange between Petey and Robin. After Petey's set concludes, I included the initial moments of the on-stage portion of the program. Richard Romero would usually follow Patricia's piano set, and at the end of the video, we hear the first few words from Richard, as we prepared for another fun-filled night of fun and music. Hooray Petey! Hooray friends.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 115 "Wild Thing" by Chip Taylor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyp8t4oBbxg

["Wild Thing" is a song written by New York City-born songwriter Chip Taylor (James Wesley Voight, the brother of actor Jon Voight). Originally recorded by The Wild Ones in 1965[1], "Wild Thing" is best known for its 1966 cover by the English band The Troggs, which reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in July 1966.]

There's a little info I learned from wikipedia about "Wild Thing." The thoughts flood my brain, Sam Kinison and Tawny Kitaen. Charlie Sheen in Major League, prior to his nuclear meltdown. Good times. Great tastes. Good feelings. Just woke up. About to snag some 'fast with Chris Zach, my man. A fun Saturday about to begin today in San Diego. Hooray!

My dearest of all friends, Tony Russo, once said you should never trust a guy named Skip. I can't know for sure, but I bet he woulda felt the same way about Chips too. I agree with you Moosie-Goo. No chips for me... At least that's how I played poker last night. Couldn't even get myself the bronze. The first line of my video didn't record cause' my comp was bein' a bit slow on the uptake. Never fear though. I used some of my amazing video editing abilities to make sure it was amazing for you. Kisses!


Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 115 "San Diego State Aztecs - you Better Frikkin Win"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3GX5Wme3Yg

If this isn't the greatest song ever, then what is? I plum don't know. What I do know is, my San Diego State Aztecs are playing in the 3rd round of the NCAA Big Dance March Madness at 3PM PST today and they best be taken down them Temple Owls or we're gonna have words when they return to Montezuma on the Mesa. Hail D.J. Gay. Genius. Special appearence by my man, Chris Zach.

No comments: