Monday, March 7, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 96

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 103 Jefferson Jay and Joe Khoroosi - Sitar jam 1 - 5-10-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9a8U2WhDJU

This was a jam I had with Joe Khoroosi back on May 10, 2010. This is just a small snippet of it. He is a gifted musician who was over laying some violin tracks for my upcoming CD, "The Great New Way." We jammed out for a bit afterward. I was playing sitar a lot for awhile just after I got it, not so much as of late. I am hoping to get back into it more real soon. I miss it. It is fun. Hail sitar.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 103 "Cold Brains" by Beck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqUJTCLU9bU

I ave always loved "Cold Brains," by Beck, off his epic album, "Mutations." Beck is great and this song is really cool too.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 103 " Like You"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TerKy-E496s

So it was last night. Leanne wanted to go to bed, but it was only like 9:30. This is not too unusual and usually I happily oblige. I mean, it's like we go to sleep at 9:30... But we have this tour coming up and I was feeling like I should be practicing some of my songs a bit more and was feeling pressure from myself to play some of the new tunes with my new string before crashing. Leanne, awesome as she is, had no problem with my unorthodox alternative.

So I played a few of my new tunes for awhile. Special thanks to Elixir, the string company, which sent me some strings for free to try out and use and send back my opinions on 'em. They are trial string s that are not out yet. Three days in and I think they're awesome. Anyway, after I played for 15 or 20 minutes, I started writing a little number about Leanne, to express my appreciation for her. I wrote this. I was going to play it for her before we went to bed, but it was 10:20, by then. Time to hit the sack. She will watch it for the first time on the 365 later today.

Nigel is honking his mushroom squeaky toy and it is almost as cute as it is maddening. He is the Ornette Coleman of mushroom squeaking. Ahhhh.... he just switched up to his Chewbacca toy, which is silent. Sweet sweet relief. I have a couple other hilarious stories my friends told me this morning, but they involve poop and pee and puke and drunk girls and puppies and I think I'll save 'em for another lifetime. Peace

No comments: