Friday, March 4, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 93

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 100 Hanging with Paul Lopez
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBhI2gS4eIY

Today is the 100th day of Operation 365. Hooray today.

I was hanging with my friend Paul Lopez on time about a year ago and he asked if I could film some of him playing to put ion the internet. He is pal of mine and we've done each other a number of favors over the years, so I said, "Absolutely." So I am sharing this here with you. I think he wanted to post it on his own or something, but I havent; seen or heard from him in awhile and I saw him, it made me think of him, and the rest will be history as soon as it's finished happening. At the end of this clip, you get some live Lopez. I believe, but am not certain, that that clip is from his set with his band Aqua Dulce from Winston's from St. Patty's Day of last year. That would explain the green ties.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 100 "Blowin' In The Wind" - Bob Dylan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-_K-1bWazA

"Copyright music and lyrics reproduced by kind permission of Special Rider -- for original, exclusive performances by Bob Dylan, check-out the official channel at www.youtube.com/bobdylan."

I'm pretty thankful to Bob Dylan and his folks for letting me use his legendary tunes. So much so, that I don't mind writing this little note above. My project wouldn't be the same without his tunes. Thanks Bob.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 100 "Peace and Happiness"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9ME34gbRuI

I wrote this jam with some of my elementary-school age students earlier this week. I like this song a lot by little kid songwriting standards. I think they make some salient points, those whipper-snappers. This song is called "Peace and Happiness." Much fun. Hail youth-spun, sense talk.

No comments: