Sunday, March 27, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 115

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 123 Destructo Bunny - 12-11-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqPIKDhwxGQ

Here is my pal, the wascally wabbitt of wap, live from one of my shows, December 11, 2008. 2008. That year was great. Here is the Bunny, filling in a bit between tunes, throwing down his one-of-a-kind stream of consciousness flow. Dig it.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 123 "Clementine"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dNHW21mS3w

Love this classic. Another super depressing tune, that people think is a happy kids' song. How many of you realized Clementine drowns at the end of this song. Well... she does. This song is supposed to be about the struggles the 49ers found while searching for gold. Sounds more to me like an OJ-esque confession from a guy who figured out a way to get rid of his girlfriend. I just don't know. I like the song though.

For more information take this,
{Oh My Darling, Clementine is an American western folk ballad usually credited to Percy Montrose (1884), although it is sometimes credited to Barker Bradford. The song is believed to have been based on another song called Down by the River Liv'd a Maiden by H. S. Thompson (1863).}

Hunter S. Thompson?

And this..

{The words are those of a bereaved lover singing about his darling, the daughter of a miner in the 1849 California Gold Rush. He loses her in a drowning accident, though he consoles himself towards the end of the song with Clementine's "little sister".

The verse about the little sister was often left out of folk song books intended for children, presumably because it seemed morally questionable.}

Well, I got "Clementine" out of a kids' book so they left this out.

How I missed her! How I missed her,
How I missed my Clementine,
Till I kissed her little sister,
and forgot my Clementine.

Whoa! Scandalous. Speaks to motive. Does it not?

Thanks to wikipedia for the info.
P.S,. wikipedia also thinks the song is call" Oh My Darling, Clementine." Maybe it is, wikipedia, maybe it is...

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 123 "Your Face"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjRZBWBiPS0

This song is a hybrid of Ugly Kid Joe's " I Hate Everything About You" (my 2nd most hated tune ever, after Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me,)" Cream's "I'm So Glad" (another historically annoying song,) and every Rolling Stones tune. There may be a little Cory Wilkins in there as well. I was a bit frustrated on top of not really feeling it, trying to bang through the 365 here on a Sunday. I tried U2's "One" a few times, for the cover and then took a few additional stabs at the classic Mott the Hoople number, "All The Young Dudes." Got the through the first verse OK on both of 'em, but just didn't have it to make it through the duration without F'ing up. So I fell back on the classic standard "Clementine", and then it was time for my original.

This song, "Your Face," just came out. It's not meant to anybody in particular. I am not mad. Just a silly l'il manifestation of a little compiled frustration. I feel better now. I like how this song is rock n' roll and that it probably seems real lovey-dovey from the title. I made it up five minutes ago, right here for you. I hope you feel better now. Peace

No comments: