Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 91

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 98 Wes Davis "Motion" - 2-28-10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnDxACxdDCE

Wes will be coming over here any minute now. Our meeting is scheduled to start this instant, 4:20PM. We will be making plans for our California tour, starting one month from today. The group that is touring is called Ocean Beach Roadshow and we plan to take the best aspects of this wonderful place we live, Ocean Beach, on the road for all to enjoy. In other words, we're playing songs. Blowski is coming too. We are taking the the new tour wheels, The Teal Mobile, The Blue Bomber, Shaquille O'Teal. One official name has not been settled on definitively as of yet.

Well, I am excited for the tour, I am so excited for the tour that I am excited to sit here and world on preparing for the tour as soon as Wes arrives. This set featured Wes playing a very slow version of his song "Motion," slow kam "Motion," with Ricardo Gutierrez on percussion, Paul Ruiz on trumpet, myself on baby maracas and Blowski on film. This was recorded on February 28, 2010, one year and two days ago from this very day. Ahh, the symmetry of existence.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 98 "This Is Who We Are."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EOaNwGq2lw

This was penned with the help of some friends from a local school It was them expressing themselves about who they are. Kids have pretty common themes that they like. Food, video games, their pets. So this one is about who they are. Being who you are is cool.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 98 "Hazy Shade of Winter" by Paul Simon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRuL_MsxwmU

Stuff I am looking forward to commenting on when I finally find some time are youtube "suggested" tags on my videos, my thoughts on Project 365 and how inferior it is the this Operation, and how I made pace with my Pops today. Hooray.

Well, maybe I'll touch these now. Quickly. youtube continues to provoke me with their "suggested" tags. The continue to poke and prod me with their mentions of "haircut" and"contralto vocals". I am watching you, youtube. I lie and wait for that day you overstep the line and then like an anaconda, I strike. Mock me now with your suggestions. Don't think I forgot about you.

Months ago, I looked into the history of other Operation 365s to say how I fared in comparison. To discover would it would require to definitively be Mr. Operation 365. Suffice it to say, I am well on my way to stuffing all those silly weak attempters into their place in indifference history. In slightly more significant 365 business, I discovered there's this thing called Project 365. People actually successfully complete this one, but that's only because it's pretty darn weak. Post a picture every day for a year. That's it. Pretty weak. Technically, you don't even have to post the picture each day, you just need to take one each day. Weak. Weak as hell. I could do that in a coma. Thats' all I have to say about that. Compared to doing absolutely nothing, Project 365 is impressive. Thats' about it. Operation 365. Much more hearty.

Oh yeah, "Hazy Shade of Winter." This is nice. I am feeling an emerging-from-winter thing happening here at the start of March. I like this time of year. I feel things are happening. I called my Dad today. There was a big dumb fight for no reason I refused to participate in. There was some no talking time. I called because my bro is having a baby boy in May. tere is no need for this nonsense to hang in the air. So it's fixed. It seems. Good.

Finally, here's hearty psychedness to my beloved girlfriend Leanne who has got anew really sweet job and today left her last, super unsweet job. She was working for one of those people who likes to make people miserable just to try to cheer herself up. Toxic. I am so glad she is free of that and we are all moving on to bigger and better things. Playing music with kids. Writing song, my new job, for the time being is far preferable to many other jobs that you can have and I appreciate it. Steady work, which it is, for now, is pretty cool too. So it's a new month and a new day in a new year in a new life. Every day. I love my happy family with Nigel, Angel, and Leanne, my bands and all my wonderful friends. I am excited for our tour coming up in April. I've been looking forward to it for a long time. Winter is passing and new memories are being made each instant. I am loving life right now.

No comments: