Monday, March 21, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 109

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 117 Will Edwards - 12-6-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4yDH-uAJVU

This is Will's first song at my 12 Hours of Free Music concert on December 8, 2008. It was a great day. Will is one of the smartest and nicest guy's I know. He is a charitable fellow and he cares about the community. I don't know if that's an important thing to most people tese days, but it definitely is to me and I value Will's friendship greatly. I don't know the name of this tune, but if I did I would tell it to ya. I hope he is doing very well at this moment that I'm thinking of him, right now.

This clip was filmed by Dylan Avery.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 117 "Oh! Sweet Nuthin" by Lou Reed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mQGiwqsy6g

I first discovered this tune through Spencer Katzman during our years in the acoustic group Elin Tea. Good times. Mostly. I love how this song is about how fragile all of life is. I have been reminded of that a bit today and I thought this song would reflect that nicely. I was rolling along smoothly through the jam, feeling pretty good about it, when my young pup, Nigel started jamming out, chewing up a plastic bottle. As much as I love his creative contributions, this one threw me off a tad. But it's all good. Sweet Nuthin... There is no perfect. Everything is always changing. Enjoy the golden moments while you've got 'em, because different ones will follow. Nothing is ever the same. Nice work to Lou Reed and his bandmates in the Velvet Underground.

When I went and saw Phish with my brother in Vegas on Halloween in 1998, they busted out the entire "Loaded" album by Velvet Underground, which features "Oh! Sweet Nuthin." That was pretty cool, too.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 117 "Make It Through The Night"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4HPB6CXfG8

Another made-up song today. Even though, I've only heard it once (the time I played it), I believe it sounded like more a of an already-made song, than most of my made-up-on-the-spot ones. I think it falls in line with my other offerings from today,. Melancholy, whimsical, contemplative, reflective, a bunch of other words that mean things like that. It was done as a bit of an homage, unofficially, to my man, Will Edwards, who has been on my mind today for one reason or another. I think I will take this moment to dedicate to him officially. I did it slightly in his style, at least as much as ne can on a song they just made as they were playing it.

No comments: