Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 111

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 119 Jefferson and Will Raffle SDMC Grand prize - 3-4-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC2uEY6jDKE

Here it is folks. The grand prize drawing at our San Diego Musicians Collective benefit on March 4, 2009 at The Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach. Musicpower.com donated an electric guitar and Will Edwards and I were thrilled to cap a great night of music and fun giving it away. The San Diego Musicians Collective was started to improve conditions for music and musicians here in San Diego and you can read more about it and sign up for a free membership at sdmusicians.org. I'm not gonna tell you who wins, but he makes really great ice cream. That's a hint.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 119 "Against The Wind" by Bob Seger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6O0GXSna8U

I have fond memories of sitting with my Dad in his Corvette listening to his tape of Bob Seger in The Silver Bullet Band. "Against The Wind" was my favorite track of the bunch, that and "Betty Lou's Gettin' out Tonight." My Dad moved out by the time I was11 and it was never the same. I'm not gonna lie, but I'm glad I had that time when I was a super small time to bond. It is more than some people get, I realize. I don;t play this tune much and I only went through it once. Today is a long day, workin', playin' music at the Farmer's Market here in OB from 6-8, but this tune popped in my head and I was glad I could bust it out, for better or worse. For better or worse... Ha. Like we have a say... I guess we do.

It is a matter of perspective. I was reading from my book, "The Power of The Subconscious Mind," last night. It was suggested to me by my friend, San Diego radio legend, Rich Brother Robbin. It is a great one. It reminds us that if you think positive thoughts, positive things will happen. UIt argues that the subconscious mind is extremely powerful and can manifest anything and will manifest whatever thoughts you are thinking. How's that for an incentive to think like the you you want to be. It will make i so. I like it. "Positive," my pal Rasta John used to say repeatedly, back when I lived in Arcata. It was always a great reminder. SImple and sweet. Hope I see him when I'm up there in a couple weeks. peace

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 119 "The Glory Found In Your Mind"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWbnRVlyUcI

I am really beginning to enjoy doing these improvised songs here lately in the 365. I still have some other songs I could do, but I am getting better at this and I like it. It is good practice for my brain. For a bit, I was doing these basic chord numbers so the last couple days I have tried to change it up with a funk jam, and now a reggae. It is fun singing in the reggae voice. I thank Bob Marley in the song and now here again for being everybody's reggae inspiration. I have been thinking about this book I have, "The Power of The Subconscious Mind," and it talks about thinking positive thoughts. That was the inspiration for this jam pulled form my subconscious, freestyled, if you will, to borrow a term from the hip-hop vernacular. Gonna go have to teach some kids tune, so I will let what wisdom there is in the tune, speak for itself. Thank you for listening. Peace and inspiration in your mind.

In other news, last night, as I stayed up late for a change, I realized my target market is people who want to feel better in this life. People who care about things like that. Those are the people I am meant to find. People who appreciate being kind.

No comments: