Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 90

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 97 Mary Dolan - 12-6-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARo7_Qy0ls0

I decided to go back to back with Mary Dolan jams, because I think she's awesome and I miss her so much. This is Mary, proudly shining, reflecting on her child and then sharing a bluesy jam of hers. What a cool customer. Soulful. Sweet. Sincere. Mary, if there were more people like you, the world would be a much better place. Well, at least you're growing your family, doing your part. Tons of love. Hope to see you soon.

This was recorded by Dylan Avery at my 12 Hours of Free Music concert on December 6, 2008. Mary's singing here about the stuff that's been on my mind today. "Everyone's screaming peace on earth, just as soon as we win this war." Peace and God Bless You Mary. Preach on sister.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 97 "The Dog Song"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hzf_ipmm4

I plan on featuring some more tunes I wrote with my elementary school students here in the upcoming days. Normally, these tunes would just sit in a pile forever untouched, a pile I call "Song Heaven," when I'm talking to the kiddies. It seems, though, that this project is the ultimate opportunity to share some of these songs and in turn some of myself, that might otherwise be hidden forever. Today, despite being miserable and exhausted, I wrote 4 tunes with kids, 1 by myself, and a long ranting blog. At least I'm still productive. I even worked and made money, which to some, was probably the only worthwhile thing out of all of it. You can see that working even in schools with kids, which I admit isn't that bad at all, takes a toll. Damn that human craving for freedom.

Anyway, this is a chill song the kids wrote earlier today about dogs. We named it "The Dog Song." Specifically, it was about the dogs of the kids in my first class today. It was fun. I'm glad I'm home.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 97 "She Belongs To Me" - Bob Dylan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYyq8guijhI

"Copyright music and lyrics reproduced by kind permission of Special Rider -- for original, exclusive performances by Bob Dylan, check-out the official channel at www.youtube.com/bobdylan."

Bob's folks insist I wrote that when people use his tunes. Apparently, he doesn't get enough credit being a global icon and all. I'm sure he has a reason. If people appreciated and admired what I did, I'm sure I'd want to get as much credit as humanly possible for everything I did too. Good job, Bob... on the tunewriting more than the obsessive micromanaging, but hey, nobody's perfect. Thanks for letting me play your awesome tunes. See ya' 'round some time.... maybe.

No comments: