Monday, February 7, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 69

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 75 "The Great Storyteller" by Dan Truesdail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V1SLGOlAIc

Today was my buddy Dan Truesdail's birthday, Don Truesdail's pop. Amidst unfortunate circumstances, he and I have become good pals these last couple years. We spent nice time together, Dan, janet (Don's mom) and myself. Dan and I have played some music together. I try to learn from him. This is one of his tunes that I recorded last year at their place in Owego, NY. I learned it today for him for his birthday and here it is. This tune, "The Great Storyteller" was written by Dan about his pop, years ago. I have reverence for the bond Don had with Dan and the bond Dan had with his pop as explained in this song. I love the Truesdails. In my world, they have contributed mightily in a positive way to this planet that we share. Happy Birthday to you. I'm thrilled you had a nice celebration.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 75 "Skyway To Paradise"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUWy5JchHwU

"Skyway To Paradise" was a song I wrote in 1995 (about, maybe 1997 actually) my ex-girlfriend Cary, when I reuntied in Paradise, CA. One can reach said Paradise by way of the Paradise Skyway. The reason I picked this tune (mainly) is that it is more like a Dan Truesdail tune than most of my others and he is on my mind because today is his birthday. Also, my stepdad (the daddiest of all my dads these days,) Bobby Brown thinks that "Skyway To Paradise" is my big hit. He believes that if some famous person were to record it it would be a huge h9t worldwide. Maybe so Bobby Brown. I don;t know. It is a song I wrote a long time ago.

I was playing this tune in the high school I substitiute teach at after school had finished today. The janitor, a James Bonds (not joking) walked int he room mid-tune. You can hear him. It made the motion-sensitive lights go on which looks pretty cool. He was a large African-American fellow. I liked him a lot., We didn't talk til the video was done. Then he told me about his son, Jeremiah Bonds, a rapper who plays in Russia. James Bonds is cool and I hope I get to talk to him again someday. I told him I am friends with a rapper named James Deans, the Destructo Bunny. I know James Bonds and James Deans. That blows my mind. What could be more bad-ass than James Bond and James Deans? Only plural of them, more James Bonds and James Deans. Exactly.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 75 Jefferson Jay Band - "April" - 8-19-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qG-SxTfxi4

This version of "April" was recorded by The Jefferson Jay Band at The Belly Up Tavern on August 19, 2009. That night, The Jefferson Jay Band was Richard Romero on bass, Jack Davidson on guitar, Jose Maldonado on drums and The Soul Man on guiro. This was our opener. Before we played, the house music was "Stairway To Heaven" by Led Zeppelin, probably the most epic tune of all-time. Therefore, I left it in. I think it sets the mood nicely and segues into "April," a song about new beginnings, quite nicely. "April" is also about how experiences, like words, are what you make of them. April? What is that. What is a song? What is love? These things are whatever we invent them tobe for ourselves.

August 19, 2009 is Don Truesdail's mom, Janet's birthday. We are pals. I wished her a "Happy Birthday" from the stage, which can be heard at the end of the track. Also, she expressed interest in more info on the new rage, world class super puppy, Nigel, so I am decided (in her honor) to release the world's first photos of me and Nigel, exclusively at the end of this video clip. "People" (Magazine) offered a million dollars for 'em. I offer them here in stead in the name of the great Janet Truesdail. Hail Truesdail!

No comments: