Monday, May 2, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 130

Operation  365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 130 “A Reason to Be” by Jefferson Jay


The emptiest a-ha moment out there is the one when you realize that Mercury is in retrograde. Yes. It’s great that you now know why you’ve been dropping everything and walking into stuff, but that in now way makes up for the unfortunate fact that you’re gonna be blue for a couple weeks now and there’s little if anything you can do about it. Hooray! At least the world makes sense again.

I’m pretty sure it a Mercury in retrograde “rule” that you’re not supposed to get in to new business stuff during this period. I didn’t know what I was doing when I had a business meeting yesterday to discuss reaching more people with all my incessant whoseiwhatsis. My friend suggested I put my talented and picturesque band front and center and focus on that side of things more than this side of things. She made some salient points. But, where doe that leave us? Where do we go from here? She made countless videos from inside my abode seem even less glamorous than I thought they were before.

This all led me to thinking this question, “Why does anybody do anything?” It’s a question from a song I wrote from one of the Christmas musicals I wrote for the special needs folks I work with. (I am busy. This is a lot to do.) Why I’m doing this is that I have creativity and productivity to share. I don’t want to have a million songs I wrote all to myself. I want to show what I am capable of and somehow earn the opportunity to do it full-time, 24-7. I feel only then will I be able to learn my true potential, my reason for engaging of any of this. What’re we all here for if not discovering what we can really do? I am hope to  get the chance to find the answer before it’s through. 

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Bonus - 130 “Goodbye Cruel World” by Pink Floyd

If anything ever happened to me on the day I did this song, it would seem awfully morbid. I love Pink Floyd. It really taps into the deep sad in ya. Shit’s got to get out somehow.

Alas, I already did this one in Op. 365 1. So here it is for funs.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 130 “Hot Veins” by Charbra

“Hot Veins” is a tune I’ve had in my crosshairs form the jump of 365 2. Charbra were a couple of terrific young ladies who rolled into my old Portugalia gig in Fall 2008. I got in a group called The Greens of Mind with them and another friend shortly thereafter. We played some fun gigs. Greens of mind and Charbra tunes are searchable and findable here in the ‘ol YouTube. I could go on and on, but I’ll leave it at they’re lawyers now. Congratulations! I am very proud of the awesome accomplishments they are making and I give them a whole-hearted Operation 365 salute, the first ever offered, if I’m not mistaken.

Here is a classic of theirs, one I liked to refer to as “the barnburner,” Hot Veins. I had a hot hint of Mercury in Retrograde melancholy working, so I’m going and slow and soft on this one this time.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 130 “Some Honest Introspection”

Folks, what comes next? Where are we actually aiming with all this 365 this time? I want to reach people. I want to share my creations. I wouldn’t mind being compensated for it, but that isn’t and has never been the ultimate agenda. That said, what I can do can’t be seen sitting silent in a valley. Not kibitzing in a bunker or keeping to myself. This gets me out. Much deliberation to consider. Tomorrow strikes again. See you then. 

No comments: