Monday, May 30, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 159

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 159 “Angel Swan Song” by Jefferson Jay


“Angel Swan Song” was the last song I wrote about my beloved super-pooch for over fifteen year, Angel. This is not the ultimate version of this tune I had hoped to post ideally. I wrote it on and for piano. I had to get piano lessons to even be able to play it a little. I can barely even play it on guitar really,. It’s an ambitious tune. I wanted it captured for the record. So this way, in case, I never get around to playing it right on the piano. At least, it’s here in case anyone ever want to know how it’s kind of supposed to go. Thank you for your patience.

This song helped me heal after losing Angel. It will likely be the last tune I ever write about her. I am so glad she remains with me every day in our own way. I love her forever.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 159 “Ring of Fire” by Johnny Cash

“Ring of Fire” is an extremely popular tune with my senior –aged special needs folks. They love it. One of my friends only says a few words and two of them to me, every week, are “Johnny Cash.” She says with gusto too. Then she dances, more like conducts the tune. Gives me five and on she moves. I love life and I love my job too.

Was this song written about marriage? Just kidding. No seriously, I really wanna know.

I love my wife. XOXOXOXO, Honey. I was just wondering.

My wife says it’s not about marriage. I don’t even know how she knew I wrote this. She said it’s ‘cause she’s psychic. I’ll bet it’s ‘cause she saw. So, it’s definitely not about marriage.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 159 “Of Aunts and Angels”

Immediately upon concluding my “Angel Swan Song,” I received a round of applause that warmed my heart. They must have felt the emotion I was bringing ‘cause it doubt it was the flawless the performance they responded to. Who knows? Self-criticism is almost completely pointless. We’re in way too close to see anything as it is. It’s best just to love and let things happen. Enjoy those around you like I do my friends talking her today. Great folks. I’m blessed to know them.

No comments: