Thursday, May 26, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 154

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 154 “Mail Your Fears” by Jefferson Jay

“Mail Your Fears” was written during a 24-song, songwriting binge I did a months or so ago. This song mentions lightning so, in that spirit, The Operation 365 wishes best wishes to the Tampa Bay Lightning in their Game 7 tonight as they aim to get to a second consecutive Stanley Cup Final.

“Mail Your Fears” is about overcoming your fears, choosing light and answers over the dim of darkness. We can do this. My friend Happy Bear always reminds me to breathe. He loves to say, “Thank you all beings.” Amen. We are blessed.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 154 “Walk Away” by James Gang

I wasn’t so much planning on playing this one when I walked out into the alley with my dog, my guitar and a couple of iPads. I sought the spot I’d seen in my after hours dog walks, slickly painted, colorful “OB Something-or-other-I-forget-what) Apparently that’s further away than I was meant to walk today and we rolled up to the first place that looked OK.

A battered little Old Glory hung from a place near the handle. It was very orange and red. For some reason, this brought me delight, the comfort one gets from going somewhere familiar. I felt it. I heard a baby’s faint cries and I started playing my Beatles song. It didn’t work. I played wrong.

Soon, I’d have to go. Who knows how much this garage gets used. People drive in alleys all the time. I explored in my mind and landed on “Walk Away,” a song we played briefly in my band, in about 2007 or so. We made it through a time or two. It felt good. Playing music’s what I do. It seems. To me.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 154 “Thanks”


So at the end of this session, I had a moment of clarity and wished to make sure you all know how appreciative I am for everything. The birds chirping. The air. Water. Poochies. Everything. Thank You.

No comments: