Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 153

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 153 “An Early Break”

Busy days for, these Wednesdays are. Work (music with special needs adults), break (365 mostly), more work (Hosting Winston’s Wednesday Welcome Open Mic, 6-9). Today, I’m taking my car to the shop, again, and I have a meeting here soon, so I am powering through all this fun. This is “An Early Break,” and it represents a small break for me as I recorded this a few days ago and that saves me a few minutes right now. Every second counts, especially on Wednesdays. I think I’m almost ready to write 12 or 24 songs at once again soon. That is how this baby came to be, the last time I wrote 24 of these.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 153 “Pearl of the Quarter” by Steely Dan

“Pearl of the Quarter” is a tune I’ve loved for a long time because I love Steely Dan and I pretty much love all their tunes. My wife is a “Pearl” and we live somewhere so that could be called a “Quarter.” No? Yes.

My man, Blair Schultze, King of the KGB SkyShow used to play this jam at my old Open Mic at the late Portugalia back in the day. And here we reprise it today. Every day’s a great day to jam the Dan.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 153 “Understanding Irony”


Today’s “Words” segment is about “Understanding Irony,” something few people do. I am trying to ascertain if I am one of those people. I’m not sure this is proof positive either way. Probably not. I’m not sure this is even interesting or entertaining. What I do know is it’s something and that’s enough for today. Love you.

No comments: