Sunday, May 29, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 158

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 158 “The Wild Card” by Jefferson Jay

Some folks just keep you on your toes. Maybe that’s what they’re meant for. Maybe that’s just how it goes. I appreciate folks like that. We always lear n stuff from each other, but we can learn from folks like that more quickly. It’s like that’s their destines role. To us, for a moment anyway. Perhaps.

Charlie Kelly. He is the self-professed wildcard in the “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” world. I love that world. Those guys crack me up. He is a classic wild card. There’s always a lot to learn. There’s always a road to hoe. Stay alert, my friends. Sometimes these roads have sharp turns.

In Palace, it’s a two or a ten, or four of a kind. In life, it’s a state of mind.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 158 “Daydream Believer” by Neil Diamond

Yes, Neil wrote this Monkees classic. Much fun in this one. I’ll have to play it more ‘cause it is pretty.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 158 “Late Night Writing”

Last weekend, The Jefferson Jay Band played at Mother’s Saloon in OB. It was much fun. It always is when we play. That is why we do it. That and it feels good. The two are related. Then after we closed the bar, we played til 1AM, we returned to the abode form some after hours band socializing. More fun was had. Dan was Ultimate Champion. Long story. Not really. Palace. It’s a card game.

Then I laid my head in bed, but that only lasted a second ‘cause a song instantly popped in my head. It was and now is called “This Is How Kings Live.” What can I tell ya? I feel blessed. It’s certainly not about giant castles or royal jewels. It’s about simplicity and appreciation. It is about humble gratitude. So I got up and wrote the tune. I left my glasses off, so I couldn’t really see and I did it on keyboard because that’s how the song came to me and it was enough guitar by 3. I love rhyming. I wrote the tune and then another. The versions weren’t share-worthy. In fact, the video mainly exists so I don’t forget everything I do real late. It’s good for that. And then I wrote another tune too.

So here’s a teensy taste of me at 3 finishing doing what I do. Existing. Creating. Appreciating. You. 

No comments: