Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 138

Operation  365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 138 “Bad Day” by Daniel Powter


Welcome home me. I am back on the 365 Train, over my doubts and ready to complete the project and honor my word as best I can. Onward. Upward. Always.  In 1997-8, I lived in San Francisco. I briefly had a office temp job where I would listen to the radio all the time in my Union Square cubicle. It was OK. Standard stuff. I learned about a bunch of late 90’s tunes, I’d not have known of otherwise and they’ve stuck in my head to this day. “Sex and Candy,” “Closing Time,” “The Way,” and “Bad Day” were all in major rotation back then.

Fast forward years later to my special needs adults music job and one my guys, he doesn’t speak much. He loves music, has done many song and dance numbers of his own to the modern hits with his mp3 player. Pretty awesome stuff. He busts out Maroon 5, Carrie Underwood, Katy Perry, all kinds of stuff I barely know. Pink. This fellow doesn’t speak much. Recently he wrote down “Bridge to Terebithia” and “Bad Day” on a napkin. I guess this song’s from that movie and he loves that movie. He was telling me a new one came out and he was going to see it. I played it for him. He was stoked.

Today, I woke up. I dropped a bunch of things. My car broke down in the middle ofo the street. I got towed, for the second time in a few weeks. I am waiting on the results form the mechanic. Meanwhile, sweet pooch Nigel has become a escape artist and is destroying things and challenging out abilities to contain him. We’ve been forced to go Guantanamo on him. Pretty absurd for an adult pooch.

What do ya do, me? Play tunes. Produce. Share. Be aware that these happen. Stay strong. Move forward. It’s going to be a long one. We, (The Jefferson Jay Band) play Winston’s tonight at around 11PM. It’s going to be a great one. It has to be. There’s not enough to give any away. It’s only 12:47PM. Think low, as in low process from the Ebers Street Garage.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay -  Originals  - 138 “Dragonfruit” by Jefferson Jay

So, after I played “Bad Day” I played some other original tunes for awhile. An old song, some other stuff I made up. I filmed it. It was meditative, therapeutic some. The songs I played were OK, usable, mostly, but I kept going. eventually I landed on dragonfruit. I'm not even sure what dragon fruit is but I was inspired a little and I rolled with it. Maybe I should look it up. It's probably a fruit, I'd bet. Computer, right click, define. Computer doesn't think that that's a word. Google knows more. apparently it's a "pitaya," (a fruit) and it's two words. That and a "Free Online Geek Dating App." Oh, brother.

I prefer www.farmersonly.com myself.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 138 “The Box of Love"

So I experienced some adversity today and I am managing. Today, I draw on my own harrowing nonsense to provide some wit and wisdom and tips for overcoming and hanging on in the face of overwhelming odds. Some times life, folks, will kick you in the Jimmy (or the lady equivalent thereof, heretofore known as the "Jenny.") Here's helpful hints how to handle harrow when it happens.

No comments: