Sunday, May 8, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 136

Operation  365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 136 “Nobody Knows the Trouble I’ve Seen” by Traditional


I gots me a wee tad of the wallet’s misplaced Sunday blues. Now, I don’t know about you but I obsess on stuff from time to time and missing stuff, that’s a trigger. So I looked everywhere a bunch of times and am feeling less than thrilled myself for making such a silly mishap. Maybe it’s a Petco Park, where we took in the ballgame last night. A lovely time at the ballpark, it was.

42-year old pitcher Mets pitcher Bartolo Colon electrified the crowd and set a major league record by becoming the oldest player ever to hit his first home rune. I’m pretty sure he’s the only guy left in the league older than me. I was stoked. Stoked enough to allow my wallet to fly away willy-nilly without me noticing. Yes perhaps that silly…

I’m a bit bitter with myself but hoping to either find my wallet or firgive myself and move on to some other train of though ASAP. For today, I was too overburdened with shame and wallet-losing self-disgust to show my face. Enjoy my knee and this over-the-top dramatic wallet-missing edition of the Operation 365 2.

My cover is this a capella vesion of the “Nobody Knows the Trouble I’ve Seen,” a spiritual that dates back to the days of slavery as that is the only way could adequately express my woe over this matter. I purposely sang it flat to echo my emotional state in this dark moment. I shant grin until wallet comes home. Reveal yourself at once you leathery black beast! Within you rests my identity.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay -  Originals  - 136 “Bouncy Jaunt” by Jefferson Jay

So in an attempt to work my way through the devastation missingness of my wallet, I played some cards with my friends as I’m wont to do from time to time. I also played my guitar, an activity, which can prove to be very therapeutic in the face of great sadness.

So this here “Bouncy Jaunt” is what emerged from my tortured psyche. Please come home wallet. It is tough pushing through without you and all your intoxicating cards and two dollars.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 136 “Don’t Lose Your Wallet"



Here, I reach deep into my soul and draw upon my current to draw to bring valuable advice to all of our viewers around the world. As a man with a missing wallet in our modern world, I understand emptiness and trust me, it’s a fate I don’t wish for any of you. Please watch and be mindful and careful out there. Mercury remains in retrograde and it is Mother’s Day. These are highly volatile times, especially as it pertains to wallets. Be safe, my friends. Happy Mother’s Day.

No comments: