Friday, May 27, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 155

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 155 “The Sounds of the Street”

Due to some excessive Dave Mathews Band blasting by my next-door neighbor yesterday, I was forced to head out on to the streets with my dog, my guitar and my iPad contraption in search of the ultimate location. Whether I found it or not can be debated for generations but it happened so it was. That’s my simple equation.

Then I got creative and conjured this tune from the skies. If I had the new iMovie, I could have EQ’d out all that wind noise. I can’t so instead, I named the tune after it. That’s kind of what the lyrics are about nay way. I hope you like it. Humbly yours. Jefferson

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 155 “Dueling Banjos” by Arthur “Guitar Boogie” Smith

If you haven't seen “Deliverance,” don’t. It is creepy and upsetting. You very well may never be the same after. I’m not suggesting it’s not a good movie. It is. Burt Reynolds, Ronny Cox. Ned Beatty, Jon Voight. I can’t tell you how many movies from that long ago I remember four actors from. Probably just that one.

That’s exactly my point. It is very hard to forget “Deliverance.” It is the genie that’s not going back in the bottle. It’s the truth that hurts. It is the computer move you can’t undo. Regardless, the scene with  “Dueling Banjos” is classic and awesome and probably even worth being forever burdened with the whole “Squeal Like a Pig” bit. Probably.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 155 “God Bless You”

This video provides an interesting and vivid cross-section of what I do. I interact and engage personally with the kind, kind special folks. We bond through music, but mostly through experiencing and enjoying each other as people. We share joy and it is very rewarding. Music creates a very groovy context for our ongoing discussion.

In just a few seconds, we learn when it is and what’s to come over the next few days. We congratulate a birthday woman, receive a Beatles demand (I’m ready, Jefferson!) and listen to a laugh and a sneeze.

So rich, our moments are: so much richer when we make time to appreciate them. God bless my friends. It is my pleasure to know them. God bless every day and every moment we get to spend together. God bless you.


No comments: