Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 160

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 160 "Raquel and Justin" by Jefferson Jay


We had the most fabulous time up in Tehachapi this past weekend celebrating the sweet, sweet nuptials of our friends "Raquel and Justin." It was majestic, marvelous, emotional and huge heaping tubs of fun. Huge congratulations to the bride and groom, their great pooches and their fabulous families and everyone we had such blast celebrating with.

Hours before our departure north for the festivities, I felt I needed to something to honor this excellent event. So I penned this jam. I put it on a flash drive and brought it up to them so they could preview it before it got shared for all the world to see today. They seem to have enjoyed it. That’s a relief.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 160 "Words for Raquel and Justin"

So I was forced to take an artistic liberty or two in writing "Raquel and Justin," mainly because I don’t know all the details of their courtship. This video details the nature of those liberties. What was nice though was some of the parallels I unwittingly (or intuitively) stumbled upon. I saw a rope swing and jumping into the space above the water as a metaphor for marriage. Justin has built all kinds of awesome wooden things for this event, including a huge rope-swinging bench. He also told me there was a rope swing where you leap into water nearby and that they did that shortly after moving into their incredible new abode. I am so happy for them and equally grateful to have been included in a great, great weekend near the river in Tehachapi.

This video includes the song “Raquel and Justin” but is flanked by the sweet words of love and explanation that accompanied the version of the tune I gave them. This is that version. The words before and after the tune are the “Words.” The tune in the middle, in context and BONUS.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 160 "The Wheels on the Bus" by Lydia Ulsaker

"The Wheels on the Bus" is far and away the deepest song of in the world ever, hands down, by far. Here, I connect with this tune at that hellaciously deep level and get down. I really turn my soul inside out for you guys bringing you seminal soul classic. I can only that it brings you the climactic catharsis that it brought me. Life changing stuff.

No comments: