Thursday, June 30, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 189

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 189 "To Be the Fool" by Jefferson Jay

So I’ve improvising so many tunes these days, I sometimes forget I even did some. "To Be the Fool" is an example of one of those. A few days ago or so, I was improvising jams. I forgot about this one. Reviewing some things, I found "To Be the Fool" and thought it was OK. Not bad for pulled from thin air for you. So yesterday, I got a bit ahead and bounced it down for ya, and here it is, once again, a new tune. Hallelujah!

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 189 "Tears on My Pillow" by Little Anthony & The Imperials

Yesterday, I was playing the music for some of the special folks I work with and somehow, "Tears on My Pillow" came out. I loved “Grease” as a kid and "Tears on My Pillow" was one of the many awesome tunes and that seminal musical. I mentioned "Tears on My Pillow" to my wife today and she busted into song. Gal sure loves her musicals. Old hits as well. So, who knows where this ranks on the all-time great versions of "Tears on My Pillow?" It’s been around since 1958 and played many a time so I’m glad it’s not my job to figure that out. Love you, fellow humans.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 189 "Trading Licks"

All kinds of interesting creative things happen at my work. I was playing some “licks” of some sort and one time, one of my peeps started responding. Next thing you know, we have a little call and response thing going, punctuated by laughter and other assorted good feelings. Yesterday, it happened again and it was a fine enough example of this yukking it up that I decided to share it here with you.

One last thing, what is perfect? Are any of us perfect? Yes and no, in my opinion. We are exactly what we’re meant to be. If we can embrace ourselves as such, we can really enjoy life. When we are occupied with perceived slights and feelings of superiority to others, we miss out on a lot of the love that life has to offer. Each bit of it is precious. Love, learning and light. What it’s all about on the road to happiness and truth.

No comments: