Monday, June 13, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 172

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 172 "Monday Morning Blues" by Jefferson Jay

So I woke up this Monday morning and I got down to it. Quickly. Three videos. Some blog. Let’s go. One of my very favorite relatives is visiting today and here’s working to make sure she doesn’t have to watch me do this for hours this afternoon. Yes. That’s what’s involved. Hours. Daily.

I love Mondays. I love mellow peaceful days, full of freeness. So, this song is not a lamenting blues, more of an appreciating type blues. Dig.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 172 “The Name Issue”

I had a couple of clever rants for you today. I did this one on the name issue and then I did some intense talk about what we’re after, what life is all about. Maybe I’ll save that latter one for tomorrow. What is the reason for it all? What can we do? What do we want to do? It’s out mission, our question. It’s true.


Myself, like many of us, may have a kid some day. I’m not sure there’s any way to truly be prepared for that eventuality, but we can try. We can’t know what we will do when our child has cried all night for days on end. We can’t know how we will handle it the first time your grade school kid comes home after having been bullied by meanies. What we can do, though, is think and try to ready what we can. For instance, every person (Game of Thrones aside) has a name. We can begin to deliberate on what that might be. That is what I do here. Participate. Join the name party. What do YOU think? I wanna know.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 172 "All Night Long" by Lionel Richie

I did a little dance with the “Alabama Song,” before settling over here in the islands for some “All Night Long.” Maybe, I’m getting up there but "All Night Long?" Doesn’t that seem too long to party? I’d be tired.

I’ve looked forward to doing "All Night Long" all the way back to the first 365 five years back. What a fun tune. One thing that held me back was my fear of embarrassing myself mispronouncing all the ethnic terms that Lionel chants at the end. During some recent previous research on this topic, I learned that Lionel was just joking though and those terms are fake. Yea, that’s right. They mean nothing. Mispronounce away. I guess Lionel thought they sounds Caribbean and that was good enough. Unbelievable, right? Oh, the frenis (pronounced and defined “freeness”).

I have many dreams. Perhaps, far too many to live out in one lifetime. One of them is my dream of leading an all-female Lionel Richie cover band, Lionel Bitchy. What d’ya say? I say Coachella. L’Chiem. God bless you.


No comments: