Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 173

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 173 "The Golden Rule" by Jefferson Jay

A few years ago, I wrote a nice song called "The Golden Rule." Then I got asked to direct a play on work for the People First Conference and I threw this song in it. They made a big Golden Rule banner. The special folks danced around and sang it. They liked the tune it was rewarding. Ever since then, I’ve thought of them whenever I play it. I knew I’d share it somewhere here in 365 2. I did not know it would be today. I smiled when I played ‘cause it felt good. That’s what it’s all about.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 173 “Splits”

There’s all kinds of splits; demographics, election stuff, baseball analytic minutia. Today, in the wake of my "Golden Rule" song, a friend and I discuss “Splits” and some of the types of splits available in the world today.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 173 "Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire

 I was thinking of a special friend of mine. Her name is Eve. She’s one of the ones who was a big proponent of “The Golden Rule” song. I was playing for her crew today and I thought it would be cool to play a cover song with the word/name “Eve” in it. Why not? I’ve 365 of these. You’ve got to get creative to keep it interesting. Trust me. Then I forgot I thought that and played on. I recorded this tune. It came out OK. It’s Day 173.

Then I remembered I had thought about “Eve” and was reminded once more that everything happens for a reason, even the stuff that happens for a reason just so we’ll remember everything happens for a reason. Faith Hope Love. Love.

I hope it’s not the "Eve of Destruction." That’s where the faith comes in. I believe. In any case, though, I’ll dedicate today’s 365 to the folks who senselessly lost their lives in Orlando last weekend. Peace.
 

No comments: