Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 166

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 166 “Get Down On It” by Kool & The Gang


Got myself and early start today. Bounced out of bed at 7:11. Sashed down the block to get my vote on. Bern. E. Sanders. Yes,  man. Then I went to work a half hour early. It felt nice. Lots of friendly greeting out by the gazebo where today’s videos were born. It was a great day and considering how hot it can get in El Cajon that was also delightful.

So I translated that hop in my step to a soft and sweet early in the AM acoustic dance party. “Get Down On It.”

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 166 “Here Comes the Day”

Shortly thereafter, my team for special humans began to matriculate into the gazebo for their morning music throwdown. Greetings were exchanged, including with the fellow who always calls me Coach. In the spirit of launching into what I hoped to make another awesome experience of a day, I ripped this song from my creative subconscious and that is how “Here Comes the Day” was born. Now, all that’s left is to ensure proper anonymity exists for everyone who did not explicitly state a desire to be seen in my mooovie.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 166 “A Special Request”

Doing things that make people feel important is in large part what life is all about. Some folks may think that it’s actually all about them accumulating as much stuff for themselves as humanly possible in one lifetime, but that is a giant illusion which brings joy to no one, not even the Holy Stuff-holder Human, himself.

No, if you have the opportunity to do something that uplifts someone however slightly, it is a golden chance for you to spread your joy and make the world a more pleasant place. No favor is too miniscule, No kindness is overlooked. All gestures resonate in ways far beyond our ability to understand them. It is our blessing to be able to aid each other as we can. It is God’s work. And we can do it whenever we like. It is truly a great blessing to share in the wonder that it is. I am humble and grateful. I hope he liked his “Peaceful, East Feeling.” I like him. He has offered me valuable insight on numerous occasions. Heeding his request, it is my honor, and my destiny.






No comments: