Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 174

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 174 "Destiny’s Wild"


So, experiment-style, I opened up my creative mind and said I’d play the first song I find. I typed “chords” into Google. Musical advice, but no songs. I clicked “guitar chords.” More chords followed by the inevitable onslaught of ads. Eventually, I arrived at a Beyonce song I’d never heard. Shortly thereafter, I was disturbed.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 174 "Daddy Lessons" by Beyonce Knowles

Really, Beyonce… This is your advice for your legions of adoring ladies. Go shoot your husband. Classy. Nice. Timely, too. I suppose. I would have pre-empted the playing of this jam if I knew she called for gun use on your man. And I thought she was one of the insightful, respect-worthy pop stars out there. I mean sing whatever you want. Maybe your Dad DID say that, but gosh, I hope he said some other stuff too... Geez, Louise Ruiz…

I can see why some of your admirers jumped off the bus once you traded the image you’d developed of your loving marriage for more money selling the opposite things. I guess if you didn’t have it both ways you’d make less money. At what cost? God forbid less money. Less fame. A lot of golden calves being worshipped, cosmetic surgery, extreme accumulation of excessive wealth. Love, caring and sharing is the way. I see lots of folks dancing around worshipping idols, worshipping themselves. What do we learn in this life? It’s not too late.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 174 "The Life of a Rose" by Jefferson Jay

"The Life of a Rose" was written a few weeks back as a poem in the sprit of Dave Sparling’s Open Mic segment, “Rhyming the News of the Week and a Poem.” I forgot to bring them and consequently never read them. Today after finishing that disturbing Beyonce cover, “Daddy Lessons,” some old school sense talk seemed to be just what the doctor ordered. I changed the swears cause I felt like cleaning it up.  We’re not in a bar and I felt like providing a contrast to Beyonce’s terrible-messaged but otherwise groovy number.


I made up some music for it last second. Hope you like. Come on, Beyonce. You can do a lot better than that. Is a rose a dead flower? Is it a glimpse into the majesty of life? Either way, it will die some time. What is it in the meantime? Every day, we decide.

No comments: