Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 181

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 181 “Teaching the Gang the Blues”

I just heard a car commercial on the radio. It said,” Intelligence is the new rock n’ roll.” That’s funny. Shall we play the deconstruction game again? Briefly? First of all, intelligence is new? Oh, brother. Starting from a very low point. Let’s give them, for a second, that that’s true. How sad is that really? It’s not like people have been denied access to books. In fact, the internet makes “intelligence” extremely accessible. Alas, the whole point of commercials is to take your deepest seeded dreams from your subconscious and use them to sell you crap you don’t need.

Anyway, then part two, “the new rock n’ roll.” This presumption here is rock n’ roll used to be cutting edge, revolutionary, colorful, inspiring… or something. First of all, music, including rock still exists. For some reason, major corporations are making as much money off it any more so to them, I guess it’s just some thing from a long time ago that resonates in older peoples heads as such. Lame.

Rock n’ roll lives, folks. I know, ‘cause my Jefferson Jay Band still plays it. So do a million other bands. Heck, I write the stuff, almost daily. Gosh, car company, Have some respect. Just cause it’s not as profitable doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Maybe it was TOO revolutionary. Maybe that is why it get dismissed. It takes one band or one open-minded visionary corporate guy to change this paradigm completely. I’m here. Ready and waiting.

In the meantime, gotta work. So today, I teach an older friend of mine with some sweet raw singing talent, and my other pals, a thing or two about how to sing the blues. Love you all humans.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 181 “Thank You for Being a Friend” by Andrew Gold

My wife was in a special mood yesterday evening. I don’t know how she knows the theme to “The Golden Girls.” I was told it’s shown to this day on The Hallmark Channel. I guess that makes sense. Well, she sang, “Thank you for being a husband.” I raise her the rest of the tune, just like I did last night. All hail the Operation 365, your daily visit with a real human guy.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 181 “Splendid Time”  by Jefferson Jay


I somehow found myself staring down at the chords and lyrics to a tune I wrote for the last 365 called “180.” At that moment, I think I thought it was still Day 180, so I started singing the words to some different music, a little minor blues something. It was fun. I think I’m gonna keep it. “Splendid Time.”

Hail Dr. John Sarno, my personal Mr. 180. And I haven’t even read his book yet. I just learned about him. Soon come. “Positive.” – Rasta John





No comments: