Sunday, June 12, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 171

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 171 "Worker’s Paradise" by Don Truesdail


 Last night, a friend had a backyard party. Old friends gathered and played music and it was a treat and a thrill to see so many folks that I care for so much all at the same time and place. I threw together a little medley of a bunch of tunes that folks wrote and played back at Portugalia several years ago. I may have to share it here some time this week. 

Still feeling the friends and family vibe on a slow Sunday, so today I went old school once again and played my way through a classic by my main man Don Truesdail. Don was a mainstay in my living room and at the old Portugalia. He passed away in 2009, but lives big time in my heart and in my mind. 

Here is his "Worker’s Paradise," written about the plight if the working person in a world where disparity has displaced decency as the economic world. Love you brother. 

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 171 "The Balance in Your Mind" by Jefferson Jay

Sometimes it's easier to create than to regurgitate a moment from long ago. So I did it again. Summoned from my subconscious, here is "The Balance in Your Mind." The purpose is that while folks focus so much on looks and money, we are all perfect and how we look on the inside is what matters most. Mass misconceptions have taken hold and the chambers that use greed to dare the soul.

We are all human. We are all one. We all age. We all die. No one takes their homes, boats, cars or dragons with them. What we have is who we are, how we act. How we treat others, who we choose to spend our time with, the quality of their character, that is who we are. That is what we chose to do with our lives. We can change this any time. Having more than anyone is impossible We're all born and we all die the same way. Penniless. A spiritual being. Our essence who we are. Love all others to truly love yourself.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 171 “Go Outside”


Some times I forget basic truths. Like how great it feels to be outside. Lyrics exist to remind us. 

There's a beach so nearby. I really need to go some time. I will. Let's do this. Encouraging each other that feels things to do well. It's a golden chance to thrive. Outside. Dogs like it there. 

No comments: